News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

How to delete duplicate file download links

Started by noorgat.b, 10.05.2016 08:07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

noorgat.b

Hi

I have a site with about 650 download files.

JD is showing duplicate file links for some files. I considered uninstalling JD, deleting the DB and re-installing. The problem is I will lose many of the file descriptions.

Will this Work? Can I use phpmyadmin to go to the JD file table and delete the duplicates there? With phpmyadmin it is also possible to export the JD file table so that I can edit in Excel and re-upload.

Please advise if this is possible?

Thanks in advance.

Basheer
  •  

ColinM

Hi
QuoteCan I use phpmyadmin to go to the JD file table and delete the duplicates there? With phpmyadmin it is also possible to export the JD file table so that I can edit in Excel and re-upload
Just a little concerned about the Joomla! Assets Tables that control the permissions as even the duplicates will be listed there.  And that table is not feasible to correct!!

Do the duplicate Downloads refer to the same file? How many duplicates do you have
Colin
Colin M
  •  

noorgat.b

Hi

I had about 670 files. From that I discovered about 15-20 duplicates.

I fixed the problem manually. Using phpmyadmin I manually located the duplicate files and deleted the filename.mp3 in the filename field. I had to delete every filename individually. NB, I did not delete the entire record, just the filename.

From JD Downloads backend, the duplicates now displayed a Red icon to show a missing file. I then deleted the duplicate using JD.

NB. This is the 2nd site (diff hosting companies) that I have had this problem.

The problem seems to be the file scanning function. Perhaps JD should have a setting to cater for slower servers. Maybe pause after processing x no. of files.

I have now turned off auto monitoring of downloads and manually scan for new files.

Regards and thanks.

Basheer

•  

ColinM

Hi
Good Approach. The auto monitoring function does need  looking at as these days files are  much larger but principle contributor is the  amount of database activity on the  Joomla! side.  switching to PHP 7 should help.

Colin
Colin M
  •