News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

404 error in frontend with new files

Started by paul.aydelott, 12.12.2015 03:17:32

Previous topic - Next topic

paul.aydelott

After successfully uploading several files in more than one category and creating downloads that work, I have uploaded a file and created a new download only to have a 404 error in the frontend when trying to download the document. I have deleted the download, cleared the file from the jdownload directory, and cleaned the database. Still, I get the error. In the backend I can edit the download and download the file from the download link there.

Error: 404 - Download not found
You may not be able to visit this page because of:
an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.
  •  

Arno

Hello Paul,
sorry for the late reply.  :-\

Have you solved it in the meantime?
By the way, i think this can not be really a bug. Nobody else has this problem.
So i will move your posting to another category.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

paul.aydelott

As a former project manager for software development, I remember the most difficult bugs were the ones that could only be reproduced under certain "mysterious" circumstances. 

This is a bug, I think, but I can't rule out any issue including human error.

No, I haven't been able to get past it.

I can upload the file to the Joomla server.

I can find the file to add to a new download and link to it. I can see the file on that page when I add it to the download.

I get a 404 error on the frontend when trying to download that file. All the other downloads work just fine.

I have cleared every cache I can find. I have cleaned traces of the file out of the database. 

I'd be glad to let you take a look. 
  •  

paul.aydelott

Ah, finally got the download to create. Human error, I suppose with an obscure link to click.
  •  

Arno

Thanks for the update. So it was not a bug.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •