News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

List All Downloads menu item returns error - [Fixed in 3.9.2]

Started by dougdiamond, 13.08.2020 18:58:49

Previous topic - Next topic

dougdiamond

I have upgraded from 3.2.69 to latest stable release 3.9.1 for the website https://www.rabbigartner.com.

All went well and I saw the success message.

The downloads on the site are all PDF documents in one category. There is a menu item of the type "List All Downloads" that now returns an error page:

SYNTAX ERROR, UNEXPECTED 'SUBSTR' (T_STRING)

If I change the menu type to "Single Category" all the downloads appear.

For now I have left the menu type as "Single Category" since there is only one category on the site and it works for visitors.

Perhaps you can look into the error that appears on the menu type "List All Downloads".

Please note that the same error now appears on another site where we are using jdownloads. That site was testing the earlier beta version and we did not see this error... so perhaps this error has been introduced in 3.9.1.

Thanks.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
I will check this and coming back to you soon.

Edit:
Fixed in 3.9.2. (coming later today).

When you want to fix it directly in your 3.9.1 installation:
- copy the (unzipped) attached file in this directory: Joomla_ROOT/components/com_jdownloads/views/downloads/tmpl/
and overwrite the original file
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •