News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

creating an upload then the Tabs in the form disappear.

Started by TOPUS, 06.08.2016 19:15:33

Previous topic - Next topic

TOPUS

when creating an upload then the Tabs in the form disappear,disappears the tabs that I clicked to last. 
I would remove all tabs except the file upload , but can not remember what ' layout ' I have to work . However, this disappearance is just strange
  •  

TOPUS

ops I forget:

I use joomla 3.5.1 jdownloads 3.2.45 and the template is acacia from rocketheme
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for extra details.  I cannot reproduce on my test site but have seen problem on your site.  Will try to get  acacia template from rocketheme.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have isolated the fault in the acacia template and will advise rocketheme to see if they have a solution.

The two pictures attached show the initial state and the state after clicking on the Description tab.  Basically the Publication tab has 'vanished'

Now the generated code at the initial state before selecting another tag is:
<ul class="nav nav-tabs">
        <li class="active"><a href="#publishing" data-toggle="tab">Pubblicazione</a></li>
        <li><a href="#editor" data-toggle="tab">Descrizioni</a></li>                 
        <li><a href="#files" data-toggle="tab">Files</a></li> 
        <li><a href="#images" data-toggle="tab">Immagini</a></li>
        <li><a href="#additional" data-toggle="tab">Addizionali</a></li>
        <li><a href="#metadata" data-toggle="tab">Metadati</a></li>
</ul>

After selecting the Description tab the code generated is now as below.  Note the inclusion of style="display: none;" in the <li  related to publication.  This causes the tab to disappear.
<ul class="nav nav-tabs">
        <li class=""><a aria-expanded="false" style="display: none;" href="#publishing" data-toggle="tab">Pubblicazione</a></li>
        <li class="active"><a aria-expanded="true" href="#editor" data-toggle="tab">Descrizioni</a></li>
        <li><a href="#files" data-toggle="tab">Files</a></li>
        <li><a href="#images" data-toggle="tab">Immagini</a></li>
        <li><a href="#additional" data-toggle="tab">Addizionali</a></li>
        <li><a href="#metadata" data-toggle="tab">Metadati</a></li>                     
</ul>

If the style="display: none;" part is manually removed with Firefox Inspector then as expected the  tab reappears.

Whilst I am thinking this is a template problem it could be another extension that is designed to modify tabs as perhaps a one time 'shot'.  Are you aware of any such extensions.  It might be related to menus.

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Have tested with acacia template on my site. You need to update   the latest version of Acacia (1.10) and Gantry Framework (4.1.31) as that might solve problem.
Colin
Colin M
  •