News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

[SOLVED] table doesn't exists jdownloads_groups

Started by AluizoJr, 10.09.2014 16:32:45

Previous topic - Next topic

AluizoJr

Hi there Arno!
First I congratulate you for the great extension and your work over joomla!

And I wish to know if you can help me,
I'm getting this error (first attachment) when I publish a latest downloads module!

• My Joomla version is 3.3
  • Jdownloads version is 3.2.11 Beta
  • Jdownloads Latest version is 3.1

And checking the db, I couldn't really find this table (second attachment)
Any clues on that friend? Please tell me.

Ty! I really appreciate!
Cheers!

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I think you have installed a jD 1.9 series 'Latest Downloads'  module, which is V3.1 specifically for Joomla 3.1.  The database table jdownloads_groups does not exist in the jd3.2 series - so the message is good! But not as helpful in your situation. You need 'Latest Downloads' version 3.2  - this actually gets installed when you install the jD32 series component.  You need to uninstall the v3.1 version and enable the v3.2 version

The main website tries to make it clear that there is a difference between things for Joomla 3.1 as shown in attached picture as opposed to Joomla 3.2, but perhaps we need to try harder.  I will talk to Arno about this.  It would perhaps help if it was made clear that the modules and plugins available for the jd32 series get loaded with the j32 component.

Colin

Colin M
  •  

AluizoJr

Hey Colin!
Ty for your reply!

But in that case, I assume that was my mistake... there's a bold span in the description of  jDownloads Latest Module Version:3.1 that says "It is only for Joomla 3.1."...
So I'll stick with the default installation of the JDownloads 3.2, which now I see, comes with the right plugins and modules!

I also notice that everything except Latest Downloads module, are version 3.2, but I remember now that I did like old school, by installing this module separate from the component, so basically I replaced the right version for the wrong...............

Now, should I overwrite/reupload or reinstall the component?

Quote from: ColinM on 10.09.2014 18:53:08
Hi
I think you have installed a jD 1.9 series 'Latest Downloads'  module, which is V3.1 specifically for Joomla 3.1.  The database table jdownloads_groups does not exist in the jd3.2 series - so the message is good! But not as helpful in your situation. You need 'Latest Downloads' version 3.2  - this actually gets installed when you install the jD32 series component.  You need to uninstall the v3.1 version and enable the v3.2 version

The main website tries to make it clear that there is a difference between things for Joomla 3.1 as shown in attached picture as opposed to Joomla 3.2, but perhaps we need to try harder.  I will talk to Arno about this.  It would perhaps help if it was made clear that the modules and plugins available for the jd32 series get loaded with the j32 component.

Colin
  •  

ColinM

Hi AluizoJr
Did you maybe do a backup you can restore?  If not suggest you first see if the 3.2 module is still present - best to look via Extension Manager - Manage and search on jD also to see that  old version has gone
If not then attempt reload of latest beta, but this may not work as it is not a proper 'update'.  Otherwise I think it is remove and re-install!  This will need you to remove the database entries.  If you have loaded a lot of down loads the you can rename the jdownloads directory , also the images/jdownloads directory. Copying back the contents of the original jdownloads with auto monitoring on will do most of the restoring, but any preview images will need separate handling.  Also look at FAQ

Colin
PS will move this topic from bug to general

Colin M
  •  

AluizoJr

Oh yeah Mr. Colin!

I got this to work by your guidance! Now it's CSS time. (pic attached)
Thank you a lot!
I really enjoy the power and flexibility of JDownloads and your support!

Long live to all of you, cheers from Brazil!

Ps.: Ty for moving it since I was bugged, not the JD  ;D Sorry!

Quote from: ColinM on 10.09.2014 21:27:48
Hi AluizoJr
Did you maybe do a backup you can restore?  If not suggest you first see if the 3.2 module is still present - best to look via Extension Manager - Manage and search on jD also to see that  old version has gone
If not then attempt reload of latest beta, but this may not work as it is not a proper 'update'.  Otherwise I think it is remove and re-install!  This will need you to remove the database entries.  If you have loaded a lot of down loads the you can rename the jdownloads directory , also the images/jdownloads directory. Copying back the contents of the original jdownloads with auto monitoring on will do most of the restoring, but any preview images will need separate handling.  Also look at FAQ

Colin
PS will move this topic from bug to general

•