News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Import Downloads in DB

Started by Andy-013, 13.04.2021 11:06:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy-013

Hi,

because of hundreds of downloads am importing them directly in "jdownloads_files" table.

I have just a question though. Is asset_id (last column) important ? I just have a doubt about having conflicts with same asset_id assigned  to other joomla components (like joomla articles).

SO far I have set all asset_id to 0 and it's working fine.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
you should never try to import manually data in the files table. the data structure is not so simple. And yes the asset_id is important when you want to use special permission settings. Otherwise is 0 okay. But more important is (as example) the right values in the category fields.

You can easy use the scan feature (monitoring) to get a clean and valid structure for the start. Afterwards could you change manually data for Downloads but be careful.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •