News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

search result when Activate direct-downloading is enable - [Fixed in 3.2.5]

Started by Olivier, 12.05.2014 20:39:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivier

Hi,

when you click on links given by a search results :

- if Activate direct-downloading is disable ---> no issue

- if Activate direct-downloading is enable ---> the link goes to the categories list instead of starting the download

if you look into models/search.php : line 465

if ($jlistConfig['view.detailsite']){
                           $list[$key]->href = JDownloadsHelperRoute::getDownloadRoute($item->slug, $item->catslug, $item->language);
                       } else {
                           $list[$key]->href = JDownloadsHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute($item->catslug);
                       }    

the link is set depending of the direct-download setting, but does 2 differences behaviors.

The right behavior is that what ever the setting, if you click on the link , it should link to the file

Regards
  •  

Arno

Hi,
sorry but i understand not exactly what you mean.
The 'direct-downloading' option has nothing to do with the 'view.detailsite' option.  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Olivier

ok, forget the code and just do the test ,with the option enable and disable

Regards
  •  

Arno

Okay, i have tested it and both created links are the same. What seems for me to be correct.
So what should be here wrong?

The direct-downloading option can here not really be used.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Olivier

ok, I made a confusion please check this issue with Configuration/Front-end/View Download detail page? enable or disable.

when you click on links given by a search :

- if View Download detail page is enable ---> no issue

- if View Download detail page is disable ---> the link goes to the categories list instead of starting the download ( or displaying the the detail page )

This behavior did not exist with jd 1.9

Regards
  •  

Arno

Quote- if View Download detail page is disable ---> the link goes to the categories list instead of starting the download ( or displaying the the detail page )
Please note, that in the search results are listed only small data snippets from the Downloads.
An Example:
- it is possible that you get as search result a list from 30 Downloads.
- what will you now do to get your searched Download?
- you download ALL listed downloads (via direct download link)
or
- you click on a result to get more informations about it - and download it first, when you have found what you have searched?

I agree that the links in the search results are not ideal, when a user has deactivated the details page. But what is the best solution in this case?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Olivier

Hi,

I think that the user experience must be considered at top priority.

whatever the View Download detail page setting, a click to the link must drive to the file detail page.

so :
                      if ($jlistConfig['view.detailsite']){
                            $list[$key]->href = JDownloadsHelperRoute::getDownloadRoute($item->slug, $item->catslug, $item->language);
                        } else {
                            $list[$key]->href = JDownloadsHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute($item->catslug);
                        }   

should be change to :

Regards

•  

Arno

Of course, this can we do. ;)
I had understand that you preferred the direct link option.  ;D
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •