News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Problem after update Joomla 3.9 for Joomla 4.2.

Started by danieledel, 19.03.2023 08:33:55

Previous topic - Next topic

danieledel

Ok, let's wait for other days, I live in Lombardy. Good evening.
  •  

danieledel

A mystery, strangely the files present in the Jdownloads folders have permissions set to 600, and in fact they are not downloaded. Shouldn't they be set to 755 or 644? In a post I read that this problem appears after installing Akeba (the one for backups). Now I try to change some permission from the server. Good day.

Here's what I found, in my site with Joomla 3.9 the "old" Jdownloads has all folders set to 775, and single downloadable files are set to 664 in permissions. In the "new site" instead the folders are always set to 775, but all the downloadable files are set to 600, practically impossible to work on them. Did I find the fault? Good evening.
  •  

danieledel

Strangely the files were set to 600, with the help of the server I temporarily set all the files and folders to 755, so at least all site visitors are able to download all the files that Jdownloads has made available for years, I fixed it for "old files". So I tried to upload a file from the Joomla administration and it was added to the list of "creatable downloads", I tried to make it available but I couldn't. I then went to the management of the single "download", I deleted the file and AFTER the cancellation occurred I activated to upload it to upload it again, this error message appeared to me "danger Save failed with the following error: File could not be uploaded. Check the rights on your server (FTP: set to CHMOD 0755). See FAQ on setting file access rights." I'll stop for now, it's enough for me that at least we can download the hundreds of other files that have been present for years from our site, I delete the new "download" from the list of downloadable files.

I discovered another strange problem, the "Jdownloads Latest" module present here: http://www.ansuitalia.it/Portale/ultime-notizie.html
if you click a file link, a "404" error page opens.

Good evening.
  •  

danieledel

I contacted the server that hosts the site, for strange incomprehensible reasons you could change file permissions only from their "root" administration side, this morning I was finally able to change Jdownloads file and folder permissions using Ftp. By copying the various positions of the permissions from another site with Jdownloads that I manage, I put the permissions 777, 755 and 644 wherever they are needed, now Jdownloads allows you to publish new download files, I have published a new one download: http://www.ansuitalia.it/Portale/download-ansu/download/54-informatica/413-alcune-guide-per-arch-linux.html
So this problem is solved.

The mystery remains why the "Jdownloads Latest" module present here does NOT work: http://www.ansuitalia.it/Portale/ultime-notizie.html
Good day.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you please start another querry about the Latest Module and describe the problem
Thanks
Colin
Colin M
  •  

danieledel

Ok, so I start a new thread here in the forum. Good evening.
  •