News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Problem after update Joomla 3.9 for Joomla 4.2.

Started by danieledel, 19.03.2023 08:33:55

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinM

Hi,
From what you say your 'new site' is working.  Did you mananage to transfer your Categories and Dopwnloads from your 'old site' to the 'new site'?

One way to do this is to use an an FTP like FileZilla to copy the contents of the 'old site' jdownloads Directory (folder). Then copy them to the 'new site' jdownloads directory.  Next use the Check Downloads Area in the jD Control Panel (first I also change Option - Monitoring - Automatically publish new found Items to Yes) then use the check downloads button.

If you already have some Categories and Downloads in the new site it is then best done by each category/subcat to avoid overwriting existing items
Colin
Colin M
  •  

danieledel

Thanks for your advice but I don't think you read everything about this problem, I already copied from the old site to the new site everything I could, the problems are only in the database compatibility. Good evening.
  •  

danieledel

Good news, I managed to upgrade to Jdownloads 3.9 on the "old site", then I copied the Mysql database piece to the "new site" and thanks to the data from it, when I installed the Jdownload 4.0.21 I managed to restore everything on the "new site", now I have to slowly reinsert all the modules and all the services in the various positions of the new graphic template, and change some settings. Thank you all and Jdownloads will always remain in my heart, a mythical and fantastic and unrivaled file management system for Joomla. Good day.
  •  

Arno

Hi Daniele,
thank you very much for your praise and your good assessment. 

But I am afraid that they might still have problems with this kind of update.

Or have you also adapted the old table structure to the new version?

For example, try creating new downloads and categories in the backend to see if you get any error messages.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

danieledel

I tried to start a new category inside Jdownloads on Joomla 4.2 and it fails, it says "Save failed with the following error: Invalid Parent ID."

It didn't let me upload an .mp4 video to Jdownload's upload directory, so I compressed it in "zip" mode, and with the .zip extension it uploaded perfectly from the site without Ftp. When I clicked on the uploaded file to make it downloadable, going to the File section of Jdownloads, the error message "The selected file from the files list will be assigned to this new Download" appeared at the top, but I continued anyway. It seemed to be fine and that it was publishing the .zip file, but I went to the public directory where I had the file available, clicked to download it and it gave me this error: "info
The requested file was not found. Please inform the webmaster.: Vessare_gli_sfigati.zip" so I went to Jdownloads download list and deleted it.

Bottom line: I have Jdownloads blocked, I sang happiness and victory too soon. Good evening.
  •  

Arno

Hi Daniele,
when you can send me a complete Akeeba backup from your Joomla installation AFTER you have updated to Joomla 4 but BEFORE you have tried the update to jDownloads 4, I will do the job for you!
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

danieledel

Maybe I can privately give all the data to access my site? I mean both Ftp, and admin account? It would be better and more effective or faster. I await your kind directions, have a nice day.
  •  

Arno

No this is more complicated for me as I need also access to the DB and so on.

Install the free akeeba backup extension and create a full backup: https://www.akeeba.com/download/akeeba-backup/9-5-1/pkg-akeebabackup-9-5-1-core-zip.raw
Afterwards download it and send it to my e-mail address info@jdownloads.com.

When the file should be to big, use a free hoster like https://wetransfer.com/
Here it is easy to send big files with only a few clicks.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

danieledel

I just finished backing up the site using Akeeba, it produced a 16.24 gigabyte file. I'm also willing to give online access to the Mysql database and to the Joomla site, giving the access data to everything via email, otherwise I'll try to put that gigantic file online. I await your kind directions, good evening and thanks for everything.
  •  

Arno

I think 16 GB is to big.  :o

Maybe you could deselect the /jdownloads folder from the backup list?

QuoteI'm also willing to give online access to the Mysql database and to the Joomla site, giving the access data to everything via email,
Okay, let's try this.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

danieledel

Done, I have emailed my site login details, thank you for Jdownloads fixes, database access is also available. Good evening and thank you.
  •  

danieledel

Could it be useful if I start the Ftp program called FileZilla, and change all the folders and subfolders and files related to Jdownloads to 755? I await your kind directions, good evening and thank you.
  •  

danieledel

There are updates? Thank you and good day.
  •  

danieledel

What happen? I can also pay some money, but I need the site to work, I've already sent all the access data via email. Good evening.
  •  

Arno

Hi Daniele,
I am since a few days in my holidays in italy.
So i need a little more time to check your request again. Sorry.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •