News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Tagged files [Solved in v6.1]

Started by janman1021, 20.02.2018 11:10:45

Previous topic - Next topic

janman1021

Hi Support
When adding a file to a category, it is not displaying under tags.
I have created a page listing tags, but when i add a file to a category the file does not display under my tagged page.
http://psppdknowledgerepository.org/case-studies
if you have a look the file, and then clicking on the tag it does not display.
http://psppdknowledgerepository.org/search/adsearch/download/147-case-studies-test/96-formulating-and-implementing-socio-economic-policies-for-children-in-the-context-of-hiv-aids-south-african-case-study
(tag case study)
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I am unable to reproduce your problem!
But there does seem to be some challenges with Tags from Joomla! when dealing with other Components.
The two existing Downloads that do show up in the tagged list seem no different from the third one that is not appearing.
When were the first two added?
Which menu item type did you use for 'Case Studies'?

Colin
Colin M
  •  

janman1021

Using indicators of multiple deprivation to demonstrate.. loaded on 2016-07-19
Low quality Education as a Poverty Trap in South Africa.. loaded on 2016-03-03 
menu type is Tags » Tagged Items
Thank you for the quick response, this entire site is based on tags and would really like to get this working ASAP.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Tags are very useful but 'challenging' to find when not workink!
Could you please read
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/tags-support-in-jdownloads
and check that the setup is OK, especially about the jD Menu items and using Ajax method of adding tags.  jD does not support nested tags.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

janman1021

Hi ColinM
Looks like joomla removed some files with the new update
libraries/cms/helper/tag.php
I had a backup of these files and uploaded it to joomla and all is working now. The helper folder was completely removed from joomla. This is a temparary fix for now, i would really like your help on a more permanent fix
Thank you for your help so far.
  •  

Arno

Hi.
QuoteI had a backup of these files and uploaded it to joomla and all is working now. The helper folder was completely removed from joomla. This is a temparary fix for now, i would really like your help on a more permanent fix
Please note that we can only give support for jDownloads. So please post your Joomla update problem on www.joomla.org.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Also there were 'challenges' with the Joomla 3.8.4 release.  Was that the version you used?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

janman1021

Ok so if i upload the old joomla tag files i can see the tags but cannot use editor in backend. so this fix isn't really a fix.
i am using 3.8.3, had to roll back to a earlier version, because non of my tags are showing in the new version 3.8.5.
  •  

janman1021

Hi colinM
I have done a new joomla installation, imported all files and added tags to the files. Getting the same problem. the tagged file will only display if i add it to uncategorized, if i select any other category the file will not display under menu item tagged items.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This is strange.  My objective is to try to create the same conditions so I can reproduce. Hence several questions so please excuse the 'probing' and what may seem irrelevant!!

As I understand it you have added a tag or tags to a Download.  If that Download is in the 'UIncategorised' category then the Download is shown when you use a Tagg menu item that lists tags.
However if you do the same with a Download in a Category called say 'Regular' then when using the same menu item that lists all tags that Download is not shown?
Are the above a correct interpretation?
I assume that Category 'Regular' and the Download concerned are both accessible to Public.  The Download should not show if either its Category or the Download itself is not publically visible when not logged in in the front end. Are the view Access levels Public and do the permissions allow downloading the Download?

To dig further which tag menu item are you using?

Are you using any Tag extensions other than those that come with Joomla itself?

I wiil create a new XAMPP test site with a fresh Joomla install when I know your setup.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
It looks like Arno has found a bug in the Tag handling with Categories.  Anticipate a v57 release shortly with a fix.
In the mean time I would appreciate your answers as above  to test new version
Thanks
Colin
Colin M
  •  

janman1021

I send you a pm please have a look. you helped me with this problem a while ago and you did a fix for me on the tags file libraries/cms/helper/tags.php but joomla does not use this file anymore. when adding this file to joomla all my files and tags are displaying but it completely destroys the joomla editor.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

janman1021

What you send me a while ago

Instructions to fix the problem:

Edit this file:

libraries/cms/helper/tags.php

Replace this line (around 582):
Code: [Select]

// Join over categoris for get only published
        ->join('INNER', '#__categories AS tc ON tc.id = c.core_catid AND tc.published = 1')

With this updated code:
Code: [Select]

// Join over categories to only get items in published categories, or items in no category
        ->join('LEFT', '#__categories AS tc ON tc.id = c.core_catid')->where('(tc.published = 1 OR tc.published IS NULL)')
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Hope to look at this this evening
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Made new menu item 'All Tags' of type List All Tags and placed it in a new Menu Group called 'Hidden'
After doing this things seemed to work!!
The arrangements are 'interesting' with various menu types, use of the Widgekit Component to load postions and so on. It seems quite complex.
But as far as I can tell the jD side is OK.  But because of the complexity I am not so sure about the Joomla side.
But please confirm if all is well
Colin
Colin M
  •