News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

4 column fields layout

Started by solargordon, 16.03.2017 23:45:49

Previous topic - Next topic

solargordon

I know this has been asked before but I've never seen a solution. I checked the documentation, support and the premade layouts that can be downloaded but none have what I want.

Please help me create a 4 column layout. I have imitated the code from the category 4 col layout (see image) but it just puts the same item 4 times on the line. (see image)

thanks

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Are you wanting this in the Files Layout?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

solargordon

Hi Colin, yes I want it in the files layout. I really hope it's possible. I've spent hours trying to find out how to do it.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The code that uses the 'files' layout does not presently support multi column layouts.  The principle reason for this is that those layouts support many different items. For Example each entry can have multiple pics, may have an audio or video preview, could have a long description, and so on - see end of this posting for the various possibilities.  As well as those there are the Custom fields
From the pictures you show you seem to want just a few items.  It would be possible to add code to show multi column but it would be restrictive.
So an alternative approach would be to use a modified version of the 'Files link and icon v3.2' layout and use different CSS. As the pic attached shows the standard 'Files link and icon v3.2' layout allows multiple 'downloads' on a line but they are not arranged in a pleasant order.  I will see what I can do with revised CSS - but give it a few days before reminding me!!

Colin

Items that may be in a Files Layout
The available placeholder variables are
{url_download} {checkbox_list} {cat_id} {file_id} {file_pic} {file_title}
{pic_is_new} {pic_is_hot} {pic_is_updated}
{thumbnail} {description} {link_to_details}
{category_title} {category_name}
{file_name_title} {file_name}
{release_title} {release}
{file_date_title} {file_date}
{price_title} {price_value}
{license_title} {license_text}
{language_title} {language_text}
{filesize_title} {filesize_value}
{system_title} {system_text}
{author_title} {author_text}
{author_url_title} {author_url_text}
{created_date_title} {created_date_value}
{hits_title} {hits_value}
{created_by_title} {created_by_value}
{modified_by_title} {modified_by_value}
{modified_date_title} {modified_date_value}
{rating_title} {rating}
{tags_title} {tags}
{mirror_1} {mirror_2} {mp3_player} {preview_player} {preview_url} {mp3_id3_tag} {google_adsense} {report_link} {sum_jcomments} {featured_class} {featured_detail_class} {featured_pic}

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

solargordon

Thanks for the explanation. I was searching the code trying to find a modified version of the file link and icon link but couldn't find anything. I appreciate your help. Hopefully you can find a work around...   I will wait a few days before reminding you. Thanks
  •  

solargordon

I think it's a useful topic for a lot of people. I've seen this question asked a lot but never seen an answer.

Is there any solution yet @Colin?
  •  

solargordon

Got it sorted!!!

I started to get impatient so I hired a coder (skype: deep.kaur9375) she  was able to do it in less than 24hrs!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Glad you got it sorted for your site.  Could you send me details of your site by PM if you do not want it public.
I have been away but I was looking for a general solution, which I think I have found by using css flex
Colin
Colin M
  •