News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

add/upload icon is not showing in the front end

Started by soleary670, 16.03.2017 22:16:26

Previous topic - Next topic

soleary670

The add/upload icon is not displaying in the front end. I cannot figure out how to get it visible. I have checked that the option is checked in the user group settings page. I have also checked and verified that the user has all editing permissions (the user is a super user). The layout has the {upload_link} but is not showing the icon, I think it is the add button. I have also tried other layouts. I would appreciate any help trying to get this to work. I am using joomla 3.5.1 and Jdownloads 3.2.46
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Is the user Ranking value for the Super User the highest level? Or is there a User Group with a higher Ranking?

And is the Display add/upload icon ticked in the user Group with the highest Ranking Users Groups Settings in Group Creation/Editing Settings?

Colin
Colin M
  •  

soleary670

Thank you for responding so quickly. I checked that Super User is the highest level, there is no other group higher. And yes the display add/upload icon is ticked. I also verified that the site was seeing me as super user. I did try to untick the add/upload icon, after saving the box reticked itself. I tried that on the guest and public accounts, it seems to be ticked on all of them. Any idea why this might be happening?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have been away for a few days.  If you are logged on as super user on the front end I would expect to see the upload icon

Could you please check the Header part of your currently active Categories, Category and Files Layouts to see they include a line
    <div class="jd_top_navi_item" style="">{upload_link}</div>

Colin
Colin M
  •