News:

Dear forum visitors, unfortunately unexpected problems have been occurring since the last forum update. The forum can then no longer be accessed as basic files are deleted. We are now trying to find out how this happens. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

access level not set when importing via files

Started by postema, 07.12.2018 08:49:42

Previous topic - Next topic

postema

When importing a file for download via the files menu-item
and setting the access parameter this parameter is not stored and remains public instead of the selected option
setting it to the correct level in the downloads section does work
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thankyou for pointing this out - Iwas able to reproduce!!As a 'quickish' workround if you Save rather than Save & Close it brings up the Edit screen where you can change the Access to what is wanted.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Sorry but I could not reproduce it. For me works all correct. Colin could you give me a hint?  :-\
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Arno
Go to the Files option
Upload a file
Click on Files, Select the uploaded file and click on create Download
This brings up the Add Download page
Set title & Category
Access set by default to Public so set Access to other than public - in example to uploader-view
Then do Save & Close - do not use Save
Next use Downloads to give overview of the Downloads - access is set to Public, which was the default access setting, not to uploader-view.

If one repeats the process with another file and then does a Save, the Add Download page returns and one can change access to required setting.  This time Save and Close is good.

Note that in my test the Access level of the selected Category was Public - maybe that is the 'challenge'.

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Colin,
many thanks for your detailed description.
I could now reproduce it here.  ;)

Fixed in 3.9. Also fixed in 3.2.64.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •