News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Install: Error SQL Index column size too large.

Started by cgerraty, 16.05.2018 03:26:27

Previous topic - Next topic

cgerraty

I have an error coming up when I install JDownloads 3.2  (attached error)  Any suggestions?

Running Joomla 3.8.7

PHP 7.0.30

mysql 5.6.38

I have tried all methods of install: from Web, from folder,  and from file

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Is this a first time install or did you have an earlier version of jDownloads?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi,
please install the older version from here and start then the update to the newest jD version:
http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=9817.msg40520#msg40520
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

cgerraty

Just about to do the previous version the upgrade.... will let you know how I go.

BTW: it was a fresh install of Joomla and then the lastest JDownloads.... did not modify ANYTHING before the install....

All seems to install fine and the upgrade was successful.   

Thanks for your help !

Chris.
  •  

Arno

Hi Chris,
thanks for the update.We know in the maintime what produced this problem. It has to do with the DB changes from utf8 to utf8mb4 and will be fixed in the next days with the next version.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •