News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Save failed with error: Another Category has the same alias [solved in v58]

Started by podermakina, 02.03.2018 12:29:47

Previous topic - Next topic

podermakina

Hi all:

After the installation of the new update (V 3.2.57) every time I want to save edited category I have that message (Save failed with the following error: Another Category has the same alias
).
I can create new categories, but after that no way to edit the created category and save without change the category alias name.

Any Ideas? Bug?

Thank you
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes I have reproduced!! Also advised Arno.

As a quick workaround, until problem gets fixed, if for example your alias was 'logged-on-downloads' make your edits, change alias to say 'logged-on-downloads2' where I have added a 2  Save, which now completes. then change alias back to original and Save or Save and Close. All is now revised ok.

Apologies for this
Will move topic to bugs.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi guys,
please excuse me for this bug. I will publish tonight a corrected version.  ::) :-\
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi.
Please try the file below and copy (the unzipped file) via FTP over the original in this folder: /administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables to this.
Post then here your result.
Thanks.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Colin M
  •