News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Change Form

Started by leo65, 07.02.2017 15:13:26

Previous topic - Next topic

leo65

Hi, I should change the form to upload documents, you might indicate which files to edit?

thank you
  •  

Arno

Hi,
when you want to change the listed data fields, so you can change it in the jD 'User Groups Settings' (for each user group different).

When you want to change the layout, change the /components/com_jdownloads/views/form/tmpl/edit.php. But use then the 'override' function from Joomla.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

leo65

Perfect all solved

thanks
  •  

vassiskansa

hi, it doesn't work for me... can you help me? I've not edited edit.php file...

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

leo65

Hello, I have created an override and I modified the "edit.php" file.
  •  

ColinM

@vassiskansa
From the pictures you have shown I think, for example, that you do not want the language, sysem licence and confirm licence fields shown.  Is that correct?
If that is so you do not need to edit any php file or create overrides or anything like that.

The challenge is that because of the Joomla! inheritance rules when a user belongs to more than one User Group. For Example if a User is a member of the say Editor UG then they are automatically of the Author, Registered and Public UGs even if you have not ticked them in when you create the user.

jD uses a Ranking level, set up in the second field of the User Groups Settings, to determine which User Groups settings to use.  By far the simplest scheme is to set up a new User Group, I call mine Uploader, and sett the Ranking to a high level such as 133.  One does have to set the permissions on the top level categories to allow thge 'Uploader' to Create, Edit and maybe Delete. And of course allocate users to that UG.  The parent of Uploader UG is best set to Registered.

See http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/which-user-group-is-used?category_id=29
for more info

Colin
Colin M
  •  

vassiskansa

Ok, now it works. Thank you.
  •