News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Jdownloads very slow download [solved - not jD]

Started by JimDavis714, 19.10.2016 07:53:47

Previous topic - Next topic

JimDavis714

We are currently using JDownloads v.3.2.46 and have gone thru 3 recent Joomla upgrades, in the process somehow downloads have slowed down to taking as much as 30+ seconds to load and our bandwidth usage has not increased to cause this.

Any clue what to do to fix this?

Joomla v 3.6.3
PHP Version 5.6.26-1~dotdeb+7.1

www.veterans-for-change.org

•  

Arno

Sorry i haven't seen your question earlier.
Could you solve it in the meantime?
It should be a server problem.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
We had a recent similar situation.  The problem was overcome I understand by 'restarting' the MySqli server for the website.  See
http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=9086.msg37883#msg37883

There were other 'challenges' involved as the site had several thousand Downloads in one category that needed to be sorted into most recent order.  There was also a possible delay due to resizing thumbnails.

It might be worthwhile sending a PM to that user to get more details.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

JimDavis714

Our webmaster actually changed the web links module out and that solved the web links showing any virus problem, and also somehow managed to correct the downloads issue at the same time.

He's still trying to work on a solution for the system automated messages for new subscribers, messages posted, and downloads.

Someone had suggested elsewhere that we had been infected, but after running all diagnostics, several antiviral checks, and the web master checked hosting server and all sub-servers found no problems.

I personally suspect it had something it had to do with one of the updates I had run.  But can't prove that either way.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Glad to hear that the delay in Download starting has been 'solved'.
Colin
Colin M
  •