News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Admin upload files

Started by MangeSWE, 11.05.2016 13:29:01

Previous topic - Next topic

MangeSWE

Hello,

Thanks for a superb component.

Now, is it possible to have admins on my site upload/send files to specific users private folder/download?

Not for other users to see or edit - just the specific user.

Doesn't matter if it's Joomla backened or FTP - but it has to show on specific user Download area or other given folder/space.

I've created groups and Downloads to specific user - I see them via FTP - but if I upload file it doesn't show on users Download/area.

Please assist,

BR

Mange
  •  

ColinM

Hi
There are a couple of points here.

Do you have Automonitoring enabled?  Or if not have you done a manual monitor from the jD Control panel?
Uploading a file by FTP does not create it into a Download until monitoring occurs.  And of course you have to place it in the correct Category (directory).

There is intended to be a Private Users area on a per user basis but implementation is not yet complete. 

However by setting up individual Categories, User Groups and View Access levels you can implement a Private User Scheme in conjunction with the jD menu item Show single Category.  Setting this up is a little bit complex but is manageable.  It is OK for a couple of hundred individual users but gets tiresomeas the number grows.
If you would like some more info please ask

Colin
Colin M
  •