News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Exploiting jDownloads

Started by donlussi, 27.03.2016 19:00:36

Previous topic - Next topic

donlussi

Hi, I am having so much trouble with jDownloads, backups, and migration.  It may be time for me to move on to something else, to what .... I don't know.

I did some research online and found youtube sites about how to hack into jDownloads.  One particular one was by Muhmad Emad.  This is the person that hacked into my joomla site in the jDownload section of Screenshots.  It took my site down for about a year.

I am posting these videos to let the programmer out there know that there are several videos that show how to hack into his program.
 Thanks
Donna

Edited by admin (link removed)
  •  

Arno

Hi Donna,
only the older versions had this problems early. But this leaks was fixed very fast with special updates.

The current series 3.2 has nothing to do with this.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

donlussi

Hi Arno,
That's good to hear that the leaks were fixed very fast because I really don't want to give up on your program, I like it.  

Unfortunately, I was one of the ones attacked twice and it was through jDownloads ... BUT, I will take responsibility for it because I didn't update my Joomla and therefore couldn't update my jDownloads.

After a year of being down, I have restarted the site with a new Joomla and jDownloads 3.2.  I was unsuccessful at the migration and failed on the very last step when trying to restore the backup.  Now I am manually uploading thousands of download files and having to re-enter information pertaining to each one plus images for each.  A very tedious process that will take me months to complete.

I am so sorry that programmers like you have to contend with hackers out there.  It sickens me that they have nothing else better to do than to make life miserable for others when attempting to make a gain for themselves.

I give you credit for continuing your program and trying to stay on top of what these hackers are trying to do to you.  

Thanks for all you do,
Donna
  •  

Arno

QuoteI was unsuccessful at the migration and failed on the very last step when trying to restore the backup.
I have for some users done the migration process here locally. So it should also be possible for you. When you will try it, contact me via PM.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

donlussi

I am sure you have had success Arno but it's too late for me now.  I've already started the new Joomla and the new jDownloads.  Too much work has been done already to try and migrate now.  Thanks for offering your help .... 

Donna
  •