News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Problem with uploading files with uppercase extensions (with possible patches)[S

Started by dr236, 11.12.2015 16:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

dr236

jDownloads 3.2.39 doesn't seem to handle correctly the uploading of files with uppercased extensions, such as foo.PDF, either in the backend or frontend.
1. In the backend, the list of allowed extensions is lowercased before checking against the extension of the file to be uploaded, so something like foo.PDF will never be matched.
I've attached a possible patch for administrator/components/com_jdownloads/controllers/uploads.php (uploads.php-patch.txt).  (Actually the first part of the patch is just to stop php warnings that COM_MEDIA_DEBUG is undefined on line 62 of uploads.php.)
2. In the frontend uploader, the file extension images in images/jdownloads/fileimages/ all have lowercase names, so foo.PDF won't be given the correct image. Also, for consistency with the backend, presumably the list of allowed extensions should be lowercased before checking.
I've attached a possible patch for administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/download.php (download.php-patch.txt).
Thanks, David

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks, I will make sure Arno sees this post.  We are just about to bring out version 41 (v40 was a development release so is being skipped) so maybe your patches will make it to that release- there is a big test cycle!.  However a release is planned for January concentrating on new versions of the layout files for better responsiveness, so it could make that release.

Colin

Colin M
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •