News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

"com-jdownloads-files" in URL

Started by Sandra, 11.12.2015 15:00:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra

I noticed, that in new created links (articles) there is "com-jdownloads-files" in the url, but the menu and the article have nothing to do with the component. I do not use this in alias or anything else.

For Example:

http://www.domain.de/com-jdownloads-files/articlename

Is this a bug???
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Sandra
Not sure I quite understand.  Is the link to a download from within an article? Probably not but ... 
And does the link do what it is supposed to do?
Generally the com-jdownloads-files would only appear in a link involving jDownloads.

Which version of Joomla! and which version of jD are you using?

Could you perhaps send a PM giving me the address of your site and where the link is located please.  Then perhaps I can see what is happening and try to simulate on a test site.  [just in case you do not know you can send a Private Message by clicking on the 'white square near my name]

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Sandra

The link is not to an download, it is to a Single article. 
I have to create a User for you, because this not a public content. I will try...
  •  

Arno

Have you checked the alias text from the article category?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Sandra

Yes i checked it, i did not type this in anywhere...
I will try to deinstall the component and will see if this helps.
  •  

Arno

This can not be a bug. Have you installed a special SEF component?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Sandra

No, no special component installed...
  •  

Sandra

Did you find a solution for this post?

http://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/support-forum.html?topic=6348.0;wap2

This is also the same problem! I think i have an idea. I had a category in jdownloads that had the same name as the category for the articles...same as the guy in the post above. I deleted the category in jdownloads, but perhaps it exists still somewhere?!?
  •  

Sandra

If someone is still interessted:

this is really a bug. I figuered it out, that the links are only "edited" by the jDownloads Component, when the user comes from a jdownload page. After the Login the user was redirected to all jdownload catgories. When the user now clicks on a menu item it has this strange "com-jdownloads-files" in the url. When i change the redirection (not to Jdownloads) the navigation suddenly is correct.

This makes it hard to handle...
  •  

ColinM

Sandra
Yes still interested! Have had a delay on my main PC as sometime ago i 'upgraded' it to Win 10 - then last week a Wiun 10 update left me with no Internet connection.  Another thing that got in the way was the need for Arno to reload the Forum.  So I have been a bit hampered!

Now having got the excuses out of the way I would like to explore how to reproduce the fault you are showing. Also in a short time I will move this topic to the 'bug' section.

From your note I think that to reproduce I need to have the login process re-direct to to a menu item that lists all categories.  I assume this is when using the standard Joomla! login form.  There are two ways of invoking this:

• was this form displayed using the Login module in some template position? If yes did you select the redirect from the pull down list, and if so which menu item?Could you please give the 'structure' of that link.
  • or is it from the Menu item in the 'User' type?  With this method you have to paste the link so could you advise where you got the link from please and its structure  - I would anticipate is was probably probably by copying another menu item link.
Thanks
Colin

Edit: You say the problem occurs when a new article is created.  Is this when it is created by the logged in user from the front end?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Sandra

I created a SuperUser for Arno to login in backend. 
At this moment, every menu item I create has this problem. I hope Arno can tell us more when he checked my backend...
  •  

ColinM

OK
I did an edit at same time as you posted asking if "You say the problem occurs when a new article is created.  Is this when it is created by the logged in user from the front end?
Colin"  Just trying to set up on my test site so seeking as much info as possible to reproduce.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

@ Colin
it is not possible for me to reproduce this problem. Had you more luck?
I will your send a PM with my last results.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Sandra

The Problem occurs when i create a new menu item that links to a Single article, not when i create a new article. Sorry, perhaps i did not explain it the right way. When you Click this menu item in the frontend it suddenly has this Strange url...
  •