News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Newest files

Started by RomanCZ, 21.09.2015 13:40:53

Previous topic - Next topic

RomanCZ

Hello,
I have a problem with the module, the latest files for which I have set it to display 10 days, but still review the Web are. Regarding the updated files, those after 10 days of normally deleted. Please help. thanks

http://railworks.ofpmafia.eu

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I will try to help but please excuse if my questions seem simple.

You say
QuoteRegarding the updated files, those after 10 days of normally deleted.
I think you mean here that after 10 days they no longer appear in the listing given by the Latest module.  Am I correct?

The above is the expected action by the Updated module as you have configured that Downloads noted as Updated should be shown for up to 10 days from when you set the modified date.  Note that if you do not set the modified date then jD does not consider it modified.  That is jD does not automatically change the modified date.  Perhaps there should be an option to automatically set the modified date if someone edits the Download, but that is not the situation.

The Latest module does not use the New time limit, it just lists the latest ones.  Perhaps there should be an option to use the New date time.

Please let me kow if I have understood you questions.

Colin

Colin M
  •  

RomanCZ

Hi, yes, i mean The Latest module. It is possible to modify it to make it behave like the latest files module?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you please explain in more detail. I do not know what is
Quotemake it behave like the latest files module

Colin
Colin M
  •  

RomanCZ

Hello,
first sorry for my English: D

Yes, I would like to ask whether there was any possibility for module files latest opportunity to make these files appear (eg 10 days) and then the modules are automatically deleted.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I think I understand your request.  You would like the Latest module to have a time limit.  So for example if the limit was set at say 23 days then any Download that had been created more than 23 days ago would not be listed  by the Latest module.  Presumably you would perhaps want it to show a suitable message if there were no new ones in the specified period.

Is that your request?

Colin
Colin M
  •  

RomanCZ

•  

schmatzler

I second that. Would be very useful for me, too  :-*
  •  

idhamouch

Would be very useful for me, too 
----------------------------------------------
Edit Please do not use the forum for advertising Colin
  •  

Arno

Hi.
Everybody can read the options description. Here is described for what the options are defined.

So what you need is currently not possible.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •