News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Jdownloads / Content plugin breaks my menu

Started by avee, 08.06.2015 13:32:56

Previous topic - Next topic

avee

On pages where articles are visible where the content plugin is called, my menus will not drop down on mouseover any more. This disables navigation to part of my site. Same thing on the pages generated by jdownload.

Disabling the content plugin from jdownload configuration doesn't help. Only remedy I found thus far is to deactivate the content plugin via joomla configuration. This doesn't help for the jdownload pages, but it does correct the problem on "blog" type pages where otherwise links to files would be presented by the content plugin.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This is strange, not happening on my test sites.  Could you PM Arno and me with the site so as it can be investigated.  Which version of jD and Joomla?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi.
QuoteOn pages where articles are visible where the content plugin is called, my menus will not drop down on mouseover any more. This disables navigation to part of my site. Same thing on the pages generated by jdownload.
What for a template have you installed? I am not sure that your problem is really a jDownloads issue.
So i had last months a user with a Yootheme template and menu problems. As solution we had find out that it was a bug in the menu script from the template.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

avee

I use pri_simple, which is based on Helix.

Joomla 3.3, JD 3.2.33

This is the menu.php code:
<?php
/**
 * PRI Infinitus - Responsive Joomla! Template
 * @author Devpri - http://www.devpri.com
 * @copyright Copyright (c) 2010 - 2014 Devpri
 * @license http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html GNU/GPLv2 or later

* Helix Framework Credit
 * @author JoomShaper http://www.joomshaper.com
 * @copyright Copyright (c) 2001 - 2013 JoomShaper
 * @license http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html GNU/GPLv2 or later
 */
//no direct accees
defined ('_JEXEC') or die('resticted aceess');

class 
HelixFeatureMenu {

private $helix;

public function __construct($helix){
$this->helix $helix;
}

public function onHeader()
{

if ($this->helix->megaMenuType()=='drop') {
$this->helix->addCSS('dropline.css');
$this->helix->addJS('dropline.js');
} elseif($this->helix->megaMenuType()=='split') {
$this->helix->addCSS('dropline.css');
} else {
$this->helix->addJS('menu.js');
}

$this->helix->addCSS('mobile-menu.css');

}

public function onFooter()
{

ob_start();
?>

<a class="hidden-desktop btn btn-inverse sp-main-menu-toggler" data-toggle="collapse" data-target=".nav-collapse">
<i class="fa fa-align-justify"></i>
</a>

<div class="hidden-desktop sp-mobile-menu nav-collapse collapse">
<?php
$mobilemenu $this->helix->loadMobileMenu();
echo $mobilemenu->showMenu(); 
?>

</div>
<?php
return ob_get_clean();
}

public function Position()
{
return 'menu';
}

public function onPosition()
{        

$menu $this->helix->loadMegaMenu();

if ($menu) {

ob_start();
?>

<div id="sp-main-menu" class="visible-desktop">
<?php echo $menu->showMenu(); ?>        
</div>  
<?php

if (($this->helix->megaMenuType()=='split') && $menu->hasSub() || $this->helix->megaMenuType()=='drop') {
if($this->helix->megaMenuType()=='drop'){
$newclass 'dropline empty ';
} else{
$newclass 'split ';
}

echo '<div id="sublevel" class="' $newclass 'visible-desktop"><div class="container">';
$menu->showMenu(1);
echo '</div></div>';            
}

if (($this->helix->megaMenuType()=='split' && $menu->hasSub()) || $this->helix->megaMenuType()=='drop') {
$sublevel=1;
} else {
$sublevel=0;
}

if (($this->helix->megaMenuType()=='split') && $menu->hasSub() || $this->helix->megaMenuType()=='drop') {  

if($this->helix->megaMenuType()=='drop') {

$this->helix->addInlineJS("spnoConflict(function($){

function mainmenu() {
$('#sp-main-menu').droplinemenu({
sublevelContainer:$('#sublevel > div')
});
}

mainmenu();

$(window).on('resize',function(){
mainmenu();
});

});"
);
}

} else {

$this->helix->addInlineJS("spnoConflict(function($){

function mainmenu() {
$('.sp-menu').spmenu({
startLevel: 0,
direction: '" 
$this->helix->direction() . "',
initOffset: {
x: "
.$this->helix->Param('init_x',0).",
y: "
.$this->helix->Param('init_y',0)."
},
subOffset: {
x: "
.$this->helix->Param('sub_x',0).",
y: "
.$this->helix->Param('sub_y',0)."
},
center: "
.$this->helix->Param('submenu_position',0)."
});
}

mainmenu();

$(window).on('resize',function(){
mainmenu();
});

});"
);

}

return ob_get_clean();
}
}    
}

Another thing I noticed, is that while normally, the menu bar stays docked at the top of the screen while scrolling, it now scrolls out of view. So that's another piece of code not working in combination with jdownloads.

And if you look here: https://www.devpri.com/component/jdownloads/summary/10-pri-simple/7-pri-simple-template-only-j3-x It obviously works together with jdownloads. Puzzling.

Here's the menu javascript from the helix framework:
https://github.com/JoomShaper/Helix-Joomla/blob/master/plugins/system/js/menu.js
  •  

avee

After disabling the lightbox functionality in Jdownloads, my menu works again.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you please update to latest jD as the video and image handling is now supportable in an HTML way.  This has been included to be compatible with phones and tablets which do not support Flash.  It is possible therefore that your template is somehow objecting to the older ways of handling videos and images. Just a thought but it may be a solution.

Overall however this does look template specific. So you do need to send Arno the Super User details by PM if you want us to look further.

Colin
Colin M
  •