News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Customize "search only in" search form

Started by Dode, 19.03.2015 11:46:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Dode

Hello there,

I'm trying to modify in which attributes JD should search for Donwloads. Actually it is "title", "description", "changelog", etc.
I tried looking in the JD search plugin configuration, no luck. Tried in the Layout, no luck either. I also tried looking at the files in /components/com_jdownloads/views/search, but no luck either.
Could you point me in the right direction as to what file should be modified ?

A nice feature would be to have some configuration parameters in the JD search plugin, IMHO. Or maybe in the Group Settings for even more granulation ? Thanks.
  •  

Dode

I finally find the file to edit, it's :
l/components/com_jdownloads/models/search.php

Anyway, it would be great to have a "Search" tab in the JD Configuration to select any area to search in, without loosing any change in this file when updating JD. Thanks.
  •  

Dode

Any chance to see this in a future release ? I'm so lazy i'm getting tired of editing this file whenever an update occurs ;-) . Thanks.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
create a jD 'search' menu type then have you two additional options. 

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Dode

Thanks for the tip Arno.
But does this "trick" also works for the normal "Search" link in JD front page (top links) ?
Also, it seems it's not exactly what i'm looking for : display chosen fields and not others.
  •