News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Inconsistent space within images and content again Part 3

Started by WEBSEO, 06.05.2015 16:21:32

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinM

Beatriz
I looked at the existing site as you suggested.  By luck I had two copies simultaneously.  One which had blanks for the images and one that had the images OK.  These are posed below (NB I have 'greyed out' some bits to hide my test site identity).  The basic difference is the one that does not show the picture properly needs the leading '/' in the image string.  The one that shows the image properly has it encoded base 64 in the page.  This tells me that there is a plugin, a module or some javascript that is busy encoding you images.  It almost certainly is using a lot of resource.  Also the site does not have a scrolling picture on each page, scrolling pictures  take a noticeable resource.

I suspect I was lucky to get the no image one as the server maybe run out of resource perhaps.  Not sure about that though. I was able to reload it so do not know reason!

My next step in looking at resource use would be to turn off selectively plugins and modules

Turning now to the use of Tables.  It would be possible to have the layouts in a Div form.  But there is no advantage.  It is a purist view that 'tables are bad, divs are good'.  It would involve you in tremendous work as each of your download descriptions has an embedded <table>.  Tables give the same scaleability as divs if they are in a scalable template.  For example my test sites using the default Joomla template run on my Android tablet and my Android Phone.

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •