News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

upload problem

Started by amine0405, 04.04.2015 08:30:49

Previous topic - Next topic

amine0405

hello
how can i remove the upload from my website ?
and how can i change the icons ?
http://technoparck.com/download
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This is not a bug!! But a request for how to do something so I will move this topic :)

When you say
Quotehow can i remove the upload from my website ?
do you mean the Upload Icon?  This is easy to do and if that is what you mean I will explain.

Also
Quoteand how can i change the icons ?
which icons do you mean.  Again they can be changed but which icons.  A screen shot would help me to understand

Colin
Colin M
  •  

amine0405

hello
thank you very much for you help ,
yes i mean i want remove the Upload Icon , how can i make it please?

thanks
amine
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Removing the upload icon is very straight forward.  It is in the Layouts

Firstly however if the User Group does not have Create permission then the 'Upload' icon will not appear.

There are two articles on editing layouts:
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/editing-a-layout
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/simple-example-of-layout-editing

It may help you if you look at them as you need to edit the layouts to remove the upload icon and the 'add' word.
NOTE: always make a copy of the currently activated layouts before editing them.  This means they will be saved and avoids the possibility of an update changing the default ones.  Also if an error occurs you have a backup.

The part you need to edit is in the Header of every layout type exceplt the Details type.

Also very important I suggest you EITHER turn off the Editor for Layouts in Config -Backend - "Use WYSIWYG-editor for layouts?" OR use whatever button your default editor has to show the underlying HTML.  For JCE it is a bit like the two characters <>.

Typically the code in the header is something like
<table class="jd_top_navi" width="100%" style="border-bottom: 1px solid #cccccc;">
<tr valign="top" border="0px">
<td style="padding:5px;">Standard Files Layout <b>with</b> Checkboxes v2.5 (2)-<b>Header</b></td>
</tr>
<td style="padding:5px;">{home_link}</td>
<td style="padding:5px;">{search_link}</td>
<td style="padding:5px;">{upload_link}</td>
<td style="padding:5px;">{upper_link}</td>
<td style="padding:5px;" align="right" valign="bottom">{category_listbox}</td>
</tr>

You just need to remove the line   <td style="padding:5px;">{upload_link}</td>

Colin
Colin M
  •  

amine0405

hello
thanks for you help

i want romove the averview  and search icons and replace it with my own menu module
also i want have category choose icon in the 1 place

2- by order files by : i want all order typs : default , name...  in one line

3-i want remove message  : files only registred and logged ......  from the place 3  as you see in picture

how can i make it please?

thanks
amine

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
First item
Quotei want romove the averview  and search icons and replace it with my own menu module
also i want have category choose icon in the 1 place
Removing the Overview and search icons is the same as removing the Add Button. so with the code

<td style="padding:5px;">{home_link}</td>
<td style="padding:5px;">{search_link}</td>
<td style="padding:5px;">{upload_link}</td>
<td style="padding:5px;">{upper_link}</td>
<td style="padding:5px;" align="right" valign="bottom">{category_listbox}</td>
</tr>

would become as below whre I have indicated a new line for a link

<td style="padding:5px;" align="left" valign="bottom">{category_listbox}</td>
<td style="padding:5px;">this is where the "menu" link would be</td>
</tr>

Now the challenge is that it would not be feasible to put a menu there but it could be a link to another loaction.  Could you please explain in a little more detail what you are trying to achieve.

Second 'challenge'

2- by order files by : i want all order typs : default , name...  in one line
How this looks depends on the width of the screen.  But Having "Order Files by:" on the same line as "Default | Name | Author | Date | Hits " would mean a change to the core code, which is not a good idea at this time.

Third item
This is fairly straightforward.  It means that the user who is logged on does not have Download for the Category that contains the Download in question.  If you are not familiar with Joomla! permissions then there is cosiderable documentation at http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/category/jdownloads-version-3-2 on that topic.  But before going too far perhaps you coul#d explain the set up you are trying to achieve in regard to which group of users  can and those who cannot download.  I could then give you more targeted advice.  Also you might wish to limit who can see what by using Viewing Access Levels.  Permissions and Access Levels seem difficult at first but in reality they are straightforward.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

amine0405

hello
i have remove the upload link in the layout
and have deactive the create permission for registred and public

but the ubload botton is appear , how can i remove it ?
where can i give you the admin that you can look it ?

http://oursees.com/download

thanks
amine
  •  

ColinM

Amine
Send me a Personal Message by clicking on the little white square with the tail - see pic attached.

Also with the next version there is the possibility to avoid showing the Upload icon in User Groups Settings see pic
Colin

Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Amine
There has been a misunderstanding!  What you refer to as the Upload button is not an upload but an uplink to the previous jD page - so I have been telling you the wrong thing.  Please see the attached pics.

I have removed the uplink button in the now active Category Layout.
May need doing in other layout types as well.
Colin

Colin M
  •