News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Category Listbox Filter

Started by p.stahl, 22.12.2014 21:27:08

Previous topic - Next topic

p.stahl

Hallo,

zuerstmal vielen Dank für die wunderbare Komponente.
Ich habe in meiner jdownloads-Komponente viele Kategorien, bzw. Unterkategorien. In der Kategorie-Listbox wird es dadurch sehr unübersichtlich.
Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, gewisse Unterkategorien hier auszuschalten(auszublenden), um die Übersichtlichkeit zu verbessern?

•  

ColinM

Hi
My German is very poor! So I used Google Translate to try to understand.  I think that you are asking if there is a way to only see only a few categories rather than all of them in the list box.  You can stop the Uncategorised and all Download links appearing but all the others that the user is permitted to see are included in the list.  That is if you have different user 'classes' then you can setup a View Access Level on a category so only specific user groups will see that entry. Remember that Joomla user groups include the parent user groups as well.

If however all your users are in one group, such as public or registered, then the Access Level does not do the trick.

In such a case I think you are asking for what I would call a Category Depth Limit.  By this I mean if the depth limit was set to say three then you would see the current level categories, the child level categories, and the grandchild categories.  If such a config parameter would solve your problem then please advise.  And if it is I will add this topic to Suggestions.
Colin M
  •  

Monk32

Quote from: ColinM on 24.12.2014 17:57:43
In such a case I think you are asking for what I would call a Category Depth Limit.  By this I mean if the depth limit was set to say three then you would see the current level categories, the child level categories, and the grandchild categories.  If such a config parameter would solve your problem then please advise.  And if it is I will add this topic to Suggestions.

Jesus! This is exactly what I need. How can I enable the "depth filter" for the category list box?
Thank you very much!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
At the moment we do not have that capability - so could you please put it in as a suggestion.  This could be part of User Groups Settings so that the limit can be set differently for different groups.

Actually I find using the Tree module a good way to navigate.

Colin
Colin M
  •