News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Bulk upload

Started by Mattie22, 12.12.2014 14:24:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattie22

Hi there
Is it possible to create multiple downloads in one session? I have 80 download links to create , is there a quicker way to do this rather than creating them one by one?
Help is appreciated
  •  

ColinM

Yes it is possible and quite normal by using the auto monitoring facility.  Basically you load the directories (categories) and files (downloads) into directories relative to the jDownloads root directory using say ftp or by bulk upload using your site cPanel. I usually use FileZilla. The root directory is defined in the Configuration and is uusually <yoursite>/jdownloads

If you have a directory called say dir1 with some files a1, a2  and a3 then loading that directory into the root will create category dir1 with downloads a1, a2 and a3.  You can put files directly into an existing subdirectory  or fut a directory into a existing directory with the expected result.

If doing a bulk transfer then I usually turn off auto monitoring and the activate from the jDownloads control panel.

Colin M
  •