News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Deleting "Created" "Size" "Downloads" information

Started by WEBSEO, 08.10.2014 23:25:10

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBSEO

Hi,
how can we delete "Created" "Size" "Downloads" information found on the side of the summary text for each download?  ( Please, see attached).

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
You do this through Layouts.  You are probably using Standard Files Layout without Checkboxes v2.5 as the Active one as shown in pic Layout01.png
Whichever is your active one Click on the title to give a pic like Layout02.png
Now at this juncture use the Save As Copy button.  If you next just click Save & Close you will see something like pic Layout03.png where the is now another layout called Standard Files Layout without Checkboxes v2.5 (2)  Select the tick box adjacent to that new layout and click on the Activate button to get something like pic Layout05.png with the copy one as the active layout.

Next test your site to see nothing has changed.  The purpose of masking a copy is that it will be changed so if a mistake is made you can always go back to the default one.

Continuing on in the files layout click on the  Standard Files Layout without Checkboxes v2.5 (2) name.  This will take you to the layout details as in Layout02.png  make sure you have edit Layout selected (this is the usual default - it also has the Name Field which you can change to say My Layout for instance).  Now scroill down until you see the Layout with its pseudo code with various macros in { }. See pic  Layout06.png

Next remove the code
      <td width="15%" valign="top"> {created_date_title}<br /> {filesize_title}<br /> {hits_title}</td>
      <td text-align="right" width="10%" valign="top">{created_date_value}<br />{filesize_value}<br />{hits_value}</td>

to give a pic like Layout07.png
Note also the change made to the line
<td width="75%" align="left" valign="top">{description}<br />{mp3_player}<br />{mp3_id3_tag}</td>
where the 75% has been changed to 100% so that your description uses the full width.

Then of course Save & Close  - and we are all done

Colin

Colin M
  •  

WEBSEO

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. I followed your instructions on how to create a new Layout.
However, when I click and open the document I created, the only code I can find is this, for the middle window (Layout):
<p>{cat_title_begin}</p>
<div style="background-color: #efefef; padding: 6px;">{subcats_title_text}</div>
<p>{cat_title_end} {cat_info_begin}</p>
<table style="border-bottom: 1px solid #cccccc; width: 100%;">
<tbody>
<tr valign="top">
<td style="padding: 5px;" width="65%">{cat_pic}{cat_title}</td>
<td style="padding: 5px; text-align: right;" width="20%">{sum_subcats}</td>
<td style="padding: 5px; text-align: right;" width="15%">{sum_files_cat}</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td style="padding: 5px;" colspan="3" width="100%">{cat_description}</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<p>{cat_info_end}</p>

The first and third window editors show no content, or code.
Can you  be so kind to point what am I missing?
I am attaching an image of the layouts I now have available.

Many thanks for all your help.

•  

Arno

QuoteHowever, when I click and open the document I created, the only code I can find is this, for the middle window (Layout):
You have use the 'categories' layout but you must do it in the 'files' layouts.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

WEBSEO

Thank you so much for that detail. I have done the changes and it worked great. Thanks SOOOOO MUCH! You guys have been super great! :D
  •