News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Bug in Automatic download - [Fixed in 3.2.8]

Started by imjan, 25.06.2014 21:52:09

Previous topic - Next topic

imjan

Ok, I think there is a bug in monitoring function, what is happening that when system see a folder to be added it creates a category record the name of category is what ever the folder name was (with upper case) but then it save the alias and directory name as lower name case name so when system look for lower case folder it does not find it.  please see screen shot below. can you please let me know how I can fix it.

thanks,

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
As I understand it you uploaded a folder which contained some data as a sub directory of the jDownloads Folder  Moreover the folder name had some uppercase letters.  For example you uploaded file TEST3.zip in folder MYTESTS to the jdownloads folder.  So in this case the file location you expected was "jdownloads/MYTESTS/TEST3.zip".  Please advise if I have the starting point correct?

What you found was that the location was "jdownloads/mytests/test3.zip".  Is that also correct?  Now the change to lower case is explained by Configuration - Files & Folders tab settings.  Please see pic caps01.png attached.  Please check if you have settings like those shown.  If you have then all is as expected so far.

The next challenge was that the system did not appear to be able to find the new lower case category or download.  Could you check the settings in Configuration - Monitoring. See pic caps02.png.  It is possible that you have the 'Automatically Publish Downloads' set to No.  If this is so then you would not be able to see the download in the front end. So you would need to publish it in the backend.

Please let us know if the above is the situation.

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

imjan

Colin, both of your assumptions are incorrect. settings for change file names to lower case is set to "NO", Also setting for automatically published is set to "Yes". What happens is that when Automatic monitor folder creates a folder I changes the name to lower case but only for alias and directory name but does not change the folder name. It should not be doing this unless flag is turned on. I think Arno has fixed the issue hope I can get the fix soon.
  •  

Arno

@ imjan
i have you already written that this problem will be fixed in the next beta update.
You can get the fix later today, but before i must more test it.

@ Colin,
i have early used Joomla core 'transliterate' function. But this does in the last step change the string to 'lowercase'.
So i will now use a modified version from this in the future.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

@ imjan:
please test the fixed beta version below and post here your results.
But do this not on an productive system. It is not a public beta release.

Edit:
sorry for the delay. I will you send the file when it is ready as e-mail.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi imjan,
use please the last beta 3.2.8.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •