News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

problems getting a clock into a module [Solved - not jD problem].

Started by MartinT, 20.05.2014 20:25:54

Previous topic - Next topic

MartinT

I am trying to put a clock into a custom module on one of my site, the clock needs to display my local in Brisbane.

I am having a lot of trouble getting a joomla clock that does this, I had jclock but I am informed that simply shows the time for whomever is online so if the user is in New York that is the time they see.

I can't use an of the clocks that I have found online as the iframe gets stripped from the code. I have tried editing TinyMCE that has not helped and I can't even find where to edit Text filter setting for SU.

I have even tried disabling TinyMCE to get the code to stay there, that did not work either, I have also tried artclock and Leo clock I can't work out how to get any of these to display my time and I do need them to go into module anyway, not to be published on there own in there own position.

I hope that all makes sense I will be so grateful for any assistance as this clock is crucial for my users to know the time of a daily event.
  •  

Arno

It should be possible to find a module what does this job. See pic from JED on joomla.org.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
As I was intrigued with the problem I did some experimenting
I have sorted out a little with Art Clock as shown in attached pics.  For some reason Art Clock is not 'triggering' if you just have the Module.  So I also enabled the Plugin Version and put it in a jDownloads description as jD supports plugins in its description of a Download.  The Downside is that the Art Clock module only works if the jD description is showing which is not very useful! :(

I tried adding the plugin code in a regular joomla! article but that did not work either.  So there is a 'trigger' bug or similar in Art Clock which I will report.

If it can be made to work in an article I think a viable solution might be to use the Regular Labs (formerly NoNumber) "Articles Anywhere" extension as that can be used in a Custom Module.

Colin

Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Martin
I have been in contact with Artectic and they have resolved the problem with their clok modukle and clock plugin.  They now work OK  :) ;D
Attached below are updated versions of the module and the plugin. Uninstall the existing versio 2.2.2 and then install the 2 v2.2.3 versions.
Colin

Colin M
  •