News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Public download with mailing adress

Started by pvdb, 10.05.2014 11:12:20

Previous topic - Next topic

pvdb

I've tested several Joomla download extensions, but I really do like JDownload. I don't know if it's hidden somewhere, but what I miss in JDownloads (and most similars, except OS Downloads) is an option for public download after leaving a mailing adress BEFORE download. Just to know who downloaded the file(s). And of course a menu-entry with an overview of all downloads, with mailing adresses and number of hits. It should not be that difficult, is it?
  •  

Arno

Hi,
Quoteis an option for public download after leaving a mailing adress BEFORE download.
the current new version has a few 'hidden' features, which are not ready in this first version. So also an option that visitors must first fill out a special form before they may download a file.

But this function is not ready yet.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

pvdb

Uh ..... 3 years later I really would like to know the status. Is there an (undocumented, hidden) option to ask downloaders for a mailing address BEFORE download start? Is there any chance this is an upcoming feature or not?
  •  

Arno

Hi,
other users has reported me long time ago that it shall exist for this feature other special plugins. So it was for me not on the top from the to do list.

But it shall now be a part from the coming version 3.7. We hope we can publishing this version in the next months (maybe January).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

pvdb

It's been quite a while and I've been busy elsewhere, but can you tell me if the "Public download with mailing adress option" is implemented in jDownloads and where it is to find?
  •  

Arno

Hi,
excuse me but still this option exist not. But we have added the possibility to request an additional form with questions in the coming jD version 3.9. It shall be published in the next months. See pic.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •