News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Jdownloads blocks Sidebar

Started by Prototyp206, 08.05.2014 17:05:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Prototyp206

Hey, if i open a category, jdownloads blocks my sidebar. But it is displayed again when a file is viewed.

URL: http://teetown.de/de/database

PHP-Version: 5.3.28-1~dotdeb.0
Webserver: Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
Joomla!-Version:  3.3.0 Stable
JDownloads-Version: 3.2.2 Beta
Template: JSN Boot 3.0.1
Template Framework: 2.1.9
Hoster: php-friends.de
PHP Version: 5.5.11-1~dotdeb.1
SQL Version: 5.2.14-MariaDB
Joomla Version: 3.3.1 Stable
Webserver: Apache/2.2.22
  •  

Arno

I think this can not be a bug in jDownloads. Check your view settings for the sidebar module.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Prototyp206

Well the sidebar is set to display on every page.
The only page where it doesn't work, is the category view.

Maybe you could have a look over it? There is also a lot of empty space until the footer. For back-end access see my last PN.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have looked at your site.  We recently made a modification in components/com_jdownloads/assets/css/jdownloads-fe.css to handle a Gantry Template problem
This introduced a css statement

/* for current beta release */
.item-page {
    position: relative;
    z-index: 1;
}

Just to check out could you modify jdownloads-fe.css so that it has an empty .item-page class that is

/* for current beta release */
.item-page {

}

I have taken several screen shots of the generated html.  These are contained in the attached pdf.  The first three are in a 'good' state. and the next 4 are in the 'bad' state
Pic 1 shows the  overall container div, id="jsn-content_inner7". Essentially there is the main div id= jsn-main content, and a left div id=jsn-leftsidecontent. Note both of these are at an equal level 
In pic 4, the bad case after clicking on a category, there is a different arrangement . The  overall container div, id="jsn-content_inner7" is still there but now the main div id= jsn-main content shows another two divs, the second of which is the left div id=jsn-leftsidecontent.  The net result is that the left div is buried below the main div !!   Also the left margins are 'interesting'.

Could you let us know what occurs with the css modification.  Also could you advise what template you are using please.

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

Prototyp206

Hello, thank you for your help.

This css change has no effect. As written in my 1st post i'm  using:
Template: JSN Boot 3.0.1
Template Framework: 2.1.9
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for checking out the css.  I was not hopeful it would solve anything but had to check out that jDownloads had not introduced a problem. ;)
I have just downloaded the jsn boot template so that I can test out and so on.  It certainly seems a very impressive template, and I particularly liked all the documentation.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi,
please check whether the itemid value exist in the url, when not, this should be the problem.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This one is solved - it was the missing </div> in the Category Layout

I have loaded down the JSN Boot 3.0.1 template and set it with user menu in the left position.  With present jDownloads 3.2.3 there is a missing </div> in the category layout.  This reproduced the problem.  Added the missing </div>  and problem gone :)
Layouts - Category - Standard Category Layout v2.5
The </div> shown in red below needs to be added  NB Arno has added this in next release (3.2.4) which is coming out very soon

{cat_title_begin}<div style="background-color:#EFEFEF; padding:6px;">{subcats_title_text}</div>{cat_title_end}
{cat_info_begin}
<table width="100%" style="border-bottom: 1px solid #cccccc;">
 <tr valign="top" border="0px">
   <td width="65%" style="padding:5px;">{cat_pic}{cat_title}</td>
   <td width="20%" style="padding:5px; text-align:right">{sum_subcats}</td>
   <td width="15%" style="padding:5px; text-align:right">{sum_files_cat}</td>
 </tr>
 <tr valign="top" border="0px">
   <td colspan="3" width="100%" style="padding:5px;">{cat_description}</td>
 </tr>
</table>
{cat_info_end}