News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Looking for a good lite Joomla theme and other help with site speed.

Started by TheHighTechSociety, 01.10.2012 07:25:39

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighTechSociety

I am very much a newbie to making a website, so go easy on me if I say something stupid please... :) I am a writer but I decided to make my own site to write for, and like many people starting a blog I decided to go with Wordpress. I had not even heard of Joomla, so I should have researched better as I am now hearing a lot of people say that Joomla is better. My question is about site speed. I suppose whether or not you have Joomla or WP you will have themes that are heavier than others, but does anyone know of a good theme that they would recommend if I start a new blog with Joomla?

I will be building a sister site soon, and I would appreciate it if anyone can recommend some themes that would work for my style blog (http://thehightechsociety.com). I have tech news, game reviews, etc...just a general tech blog.

Also, speaking about site speed. Any advice on hosts would also be appreciated. I have GoDaddy and they support WP, but my site gets dropped quite often and it's driving me crazy. I know my images can also be adding to my site being slow, so I am working on that as well. If anyone can tell me about a good provider that hosts WP and Joomla, I would also appreciate that.

If I am not supposed to post in here unless I already have Joomla, I apologize. Just looking for some advice on my site and Joomla. Thanks!
Kimberly Carver
The High Tech Society
  •