News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

“Download” menu anomaly [SOLVED]

Started by gilb33, 06.03.2024 18:34:00

Previous topic - Next topic

gilb33

Good morning,
Please excuse my bad English....
I am using joomla 5.0.3 php 8.1.27 database 10.6.17-MariaDB and Jdownloads 4.0.41
On the frontend, everything works fine;
In Backend, when I access the "Download" management menu I get an error message "0 Call to undefined method Joomla\Database\Mysqli\MysqliDriver::getErrorNum()"
The "Categories" menu works correctly.
THANKS.
Sincerely
Gilbert
  •  

ColinM

Hi
To get more information Go to System then select Global Configuration (it is in the Setup area).  In the System tab set Debug to Yes. Next click on the Server tab and set Error Reporting to Maximum.

When an error occurs you will get a step by step report - typically about 20 to 30 lines  Please copy these - NOT an image - and send as part of a forum querry in this topic.

Thanks
Colin
--------------------------------------------------------
Salut
Pour obtenir plus d'informations, accédez à Système puis sélectionnez Configuration globale (c'est dans la zone Configuration). Dans l'onglet Système, définissez Debug sur Oui. Cliquez ensuite sur l'onglet Serveur et définissez le rapport d'erreurs sur Maximum.

Lorsqu'une erreur se produit, vous recevrez un rapport étape par étape - généralement environ 20 à 30 lignes. Veuillez les copier - PAS une image - et l'envoyer dans le cadre d'une requête sur le forum dans ce sujet.

Merci
Colin M
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: gilb33

Arno

Seems to be a bug. Sorry.
I will publish in the next hours an update!  :-\

Edit:
I cannot reproduce this message. Please post the information requested by Colin.
Thank you.

QuotePlease excuse my bad English....
Pourquoi n'utilisent-ils pas un traducteur comme Deepl ?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: gilb33

gilb33

Good morning
And a big thank you to ColinM and Arno for your quick response.
For greater precision, this failure occurred following the migration from J3.10 to J5.0. When I detected the problem, I did a new installation and the result is the same.
I followed ColinM's request and this is what I get:

Une erreur est survenue
0 Call to undefined method Joomla\Database\Mysqli\MysqliDriver::getErrorNum()
Call Stack
#   Function   Location
1   ()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/models/fields/jdcategoryselect.php:66
2   JFormFieldjdCategorySelect->getOptions()   JROOT/libraries/src/Form/Field/ListField.php:63
3   Joomla\CMS\Form\Field\ListField->getInput()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/50/FormField.php:474
4   Joomla\CMS\Form\FormField->__get()   JROOT/libraries/src/Form/Field/ListField.php:233
5   Joomla\CMS\Form\Field\ListField->__get()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/layouts/searchtools/default/filters.php:40
6   include()   JROOT/libraries/src/Layout/FileLayout.php:128
7   Joomla\CMS\Layout\FileLayout->render()   JROOT/libraries/src/Layout/LayoutHelper.php:76
8   Joomla\CMS\Layout\LayoutHelper::render()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/layouts/searchtools/default.php:103
9   include()   JROOT/libraries/src/Layout/FileLayout.php:128
10   Joomla\CMS\Layout\FileLayout->render()   JROOT/libraries/src/Layout/LayoutHelper.php:76
11   Joomla\CMS\Layout\LayoutHelper::render()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tmpl/downloads/default.php:134
12   include()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:416
13   Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:204
14   Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->display()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/src/View/Downloads/HtmlView.php:195
15   JDownloads\Component\JDownloads\Administrator\View\Downloads\HtmlView->display()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:697
16   Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/src/Controller/DisplayController.php:50
17   JDownloads\Component\JDownloads\Administrator\Controller\DisplayController->display()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:730
18   Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()   JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:143
19   Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch()   JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
20   Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:150
21   Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:195
22   Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:306
23   Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()   JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:58
24   require_once()   JROOT/administrator/index.php:32

I wish you a good day
Sincerely

Gilbert
  •  

Arno

Hi,
merci pour ton message.

Il semble que tu aies rencontré quelques problèmes lors de la mise à jour de jDownloads 3.9 à jDownloads 4.
Les fichiers mentionnés dans le message appartiennent à l'ancienne version 3.9 et ne devraient plus exister après la mise à jour.

Si tu n'as créé que quelques téléchargements, tu devrais désinstaller complètement jDownloads (y compris les tables DB). Vérifie ensuite via FTP si tous les dossiers jDownloads ont été entièrement supprimés. Dans le frontend et le backend. Ensuite seulement, installe la nouvelle version 4 de jDownloads et recrée les téléchargements.

Si tu as beaucoup de fichiers et de catégories, je pourrais essayer de les réparer chez toi. Mais il faudrait pour cela un accès FTP, une base de données et un accès au backend Joomla.

Hi,
thanks for the message.

Apparently you encountered some problems when updating from jDownloads 3.9 to jDownloads 4.
The files listed in the message belong to the old 3.9 version and should no longer exist after the successful update.

If you have only created a few downloads, you should uninstall jDownloads completely (including DB tables). Then check via FTP whether all jDownloads folders have been completely removed. In the frontend and backend. Only then install the new jDownloads version 4 and create the downloads again.

If you have a lot of files and categories, I could try to fix this for you. But I would need FTP, database and Joomla backend access.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

gilb33

Hello,
Thank you for your reply. It's nice of you to offer to reload my downloads, but you must have enough work and I'll try to manage on my own first.
Do I have a chance of solving the problem if I delete all the JDownloads files and then install version 4 without touching the database?
If the database is altered, my second idea is to start from a j3.10 backup, restore the database and the JDownloads 3.9 files and then update to 4.0.
I'll give it a try.
Many thanks for your help.
Sincerely

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Gilbert
  •  

gilb33

Good morning
My problem is solved:
I uninstalled Jdownloads without modifying the database then installed Jdownloads and everything works correctly.
Many thanks for your advice.
Sincerely
Gilbert
  •