News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

All Downloads missing after Joomla 4.3 - [Fixed in 4.0.27]

Started by josh@thenavycwo, 04.05.2023 19:05:48

Previous topic - Next topic

josh@thenavycwo

Running Joomla 4.3 and jD 4.0.26. After updating to 4.3 all my categories show empty on the webpage, despite the categories and downloads being published correctly. If I create new categories and a new download it shows up. I have way too many downloads to recreate everything. Help!!

•  

Arno

Hi Josh,
Joomla seems to have changed something about the categories in version 4.3. But we have not yet been able to find out what exactly it is and to what extent it affects jDownloads categories.

We have successfully updated several test installations to Joomla 4.3 ourselves, without having seen the problems you describe. But a few users have already reported similar problems. It is also possible that it only affects users who have previously updated from jDownloads 3.x to jDownloads 4.0, and whose DB tables are not one hundred percent correct. Unfortunately, we do not know at the moment.

I would therefore suggest that you restore your previous state (i.e. the one before your update to Joomla 4.3). Surely you have a data backup. Otherwise, your hoster will certainly be able to help you.

If you want, you could send me an Akeeba backup of your current state (via PM or e-mail). I could then install it here locally and perhaps find the cause. Unfortunately, we have not yet had this possibility, as this problem did not occur in any of our installations and tests.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi Josh,
I could now find the reason:
I noticed in your 'jdownloads_files' table the field 'publish_down' contained invalid values (0000-00-00 00:00:00 instead of NULL) !!!!

This must be the result of a faulty update from version 3.9. This cannot happen with a new installation.

However, since this value was not taken into account in the queries, the wrong results were obtained. To solve this, I have now inserted a short check in the  update script. If incorrect values are found, an attempt is made to correct the field. The result of this attempt is then added to the installation log (see control panel). My first tests were successful and allways corrected the wrong values.

I have your send the new version 4.0.27 via e-mail. Please install it on your website and check the result. All your Downloads should now be listed again as expected.

I will publish the new version it by noon tomorrow at the latest.  :) ;)

Thanks a lot for your help to find the reason for this issue. Your backup was very helpful.  ;D
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

josh@thenavycwo

Arno,

I can confirm that this fixed the issue. Thanks for the excellent support!

Josh
  •  

Arno

Hi Josh,
thanks you for the fast reply.
So we can close this topic now!
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •