News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Customizing jDownloads URL

Started by Solarstorm, 20.03.2023 09:56:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Solarstorm

Hello everyone,

I've just installed jDownload and begun working with it to see how it works. The major problem I have is with the URLs created.

As per documentation, I've created a "Download" menu item, pointing it to Jdownload and giving it the alias "downloads".  When accessing it, it directs me to /downloads.html which is fine.  From there, I created a new category with the alias "tools-and-applications" however the URL is the below:
"/downloads/category/3-tools-and-applications.html" . I was expecting the URL to be "/downloads/tools-and-applications.html", but its not for some reason.

The odd part is that if I visit the URL I was expecting (/downloads/tools-and-applications.html) , it actually works!

Can someone guide me how to remove "/category" and the "3-" from the URLs?

Many thanks,
  •  

Solarstorm

I believe I might have found the issue. It seems like under global Options, the "URL-Routing" is not enabled/available as yet, hence creating this issue.

If anyone can confirm, it would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
  •  

Arno

Hi.
That is correct. See picture. Legacy" is the current default setting and cannot yet be changed.
The adjustments required for this could not yet be made.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Solarstorm

Hello Arno,

Thank you for your reply. Is there any schedule/timeframe as to when the final version of JDownloads will be available?  J4 is already 16month into production and I'm seriously considering using JDownloads, but the fact the URL Routing is not ready and its still in Beta, is concerning me.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
  •  

Arno

Hi,
to be honest, I don't quite understand your problem with the item id. In my opinion, "nice" URLs are overrated. Even Joomla only introduced this option with Joomla 4. But of course, the specified option should still be completed in the near future.

However, the first stable version of jDownloads 4 will not contain any significant innovations compared to the old version 3. Therefore, the 'Modern' routing option will not be included there yet. The aim here is to enable many users of jDownloads to switch to Joomla 4. Everything else will come in the next version.

The release of the first stable version is imminent.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •