News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

want to hide category, but downloads should be public by link

Started by axl-g, 16.03.2023 15:01:57

Previous topic - Next topic

axl-g

Posted this question also at:
https://forum.joomla.de/thread/18188-jdownloads-kategorie-ausblenden-download-trotzdem-m%C3%B6glich-machen/

Joomla 3.10.11
JDownloads 3.9.8.7
Referenzseite: systembott.de/index.php/download

I want to send links to one of my downloads (one of the "Preislisten") for public audience (commercials, may be not registered in my Joomla). The documents are located in the category "Preisliste". In present all categories can be reached by the (Jdownloads-) link "Übersicht". With this everyone may see all pricelists, not only the one for his branch.

What can I do to hide the category "Preislisten", but enable the download of documents (Preislisten) within this category?

Many thanks for help

Alexander
  •  

Arno

Hallo Alexander,
klingt irgendwie etwas kompliziert, oder ich verstehe es nicht auf ganz auf Anhieb.

Wäre es vielleicht möglich das Passwort Feature zu verwenden? Dann hätten nur die via E-Mail benachrichtigten diese Info zum herunterladen.
Es ist halt schwierig etwas auf öffentlich zu setzen aber trotzdem nicht anzuzeigen. Ich denke dafür bräuchte es vermutlich eine extra Option.   ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Not sure I have understood properly but I assume the link you send to commercial users is because they have a 'special' pricelist. I will refer to these users as 'commercial' and other users as 'non-commercial'.
I also assume that the objective is that noncomercial users, who maybe a Public user, can look at all the other pricelists but not at the 'special' pricelist.
If that is the situation then would seem to me that part of the solution is to have a different category for the 'special' pricelist.

The normal situation would be give the  'Commercial' login details so on login they become members of a Commercial User Group, called say
'Kommerziell-UG'.  If that approach is acceptable I will assist you to implement.

An alternative approach is to use the jDownloads feature 'Single User Access' - in that the Commecial people are the only ones who can see the Download.  The Commercial users when logging in would be in any case using the same login account.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

axl-g

Hi Arno and Colin,

many thanks for the attempt to help.

In deed it seems to be a bit complicated, so I will try explain better:

We have two pricelists.
list "A" for traders and list "B" for gardeners.

Both lists are located in category "Preisliste" and accessable for everyone (in present). Now I want to restrict acces for both prieclists, so that only see traders list "A" and gardeners list "B", if they are registrated. I also want to invite new clients to download their list. But they will not register, never. So they don't have acces.

I wonder if there will be a possibility to send something like a key with the invitation or a special direct link. It must be easy to handle, automatically, no regeistration, no two steps or something what is more complicated than doing just a click.

thanks

Alexander
  •  

axl-g

May be that 'Single User Access' will be a solution. I will have a look on this.

Alexander
  •  

Arno

Hi,
QuoteBut they will not register, never. So they don't have acces.

I wonder if there will be a possibility to send something like a key with the invitation or a special direct link. It must be easy to handle, automatically, no regeistration, no two steps or something what is more complicated than doing just a click.
But in this case would be the Download password feature the right solution. So you can make it public and nobody need a registration.
Only the password which send you in the e-mail together with the download link.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •