News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Pre-beta 4.0.15: my testresults

Started by amgjdown, 31.01.2023 08:17:00

Previous topic - Next topic

amgjdown

Just wanted to share my upgrade experience. I just installed 4.0.15 first time on a recently upgraded joomla 4 site.
Only one problem with incorrect table "jdownloads_files". Had to drop "tags". After that upgrade runs through without problems. Did not see any errors so far.
Sql-table problem could be a problem for some users to fix it, i guess. Do you have plans, that upgrade process not only checks tables but fix also problems?
  •  

Arno

Hi,
QuoteDo you have plans, that upgrade process not only checks tables but fix also problems?
Yes I have. It seems to occur more often than initially thought.

Edit:
Less than 10 per cent of the test users have looked at the instructions. Therefore, I will wait with further attempts at adaptation.

The problem is that, depending on the MySQL version and configuration, the correction cannot be guaranteed one hundred percent. Therefore, the manual correction is a little complicated for inexperienced people, but it always works.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •