News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

ROOT showing up in Breadcrumbs link with PHP8 - [Solved after update to v. 4.x]

Started by bas_otten, 21.01.2023 10:36:18

Previous topic - Next topic

bas_otten

Hello all!
I'm facing an issue that on a Joomla 3.10 site with jDownloads 3.9, and the only change made is that under the covers I upgrade PHP7 tot PHP8, a link-less string 'ROOT' is prefixed to the Download Category link in the Joomla Breadcrumbs path, when showing the Download details page. Any idea what this is?
Regards,
Bas
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

bas_otten

hi Arno,
Thanks for your quick reponse. I am working on making our Joomla-based church website compatible with PHP8 and Joomla4. Currently I am testing all of this using a website-clone onto my laptop at hostname localhost. As the PHP-version is a single switch at our webhosting-provider I cannot easily play around with it in a testing Joomla environment since that would affect the production-site as well. I just updated my local clone to the latest Joomla 3.10.11 and jDownloads 3.9.8.6, running on a Debian Bookworm system with PHP 8.2. Hopefully it helps when I share a screenshot of the 'ROOT' situation, hereby attached. It also occured to me that the Download details link opens in a new browser tab.
Best regards,
Bas
  •  

bas_otten

Just FYI: the issues described in this topic do NOT show up after migrating to Joomla 4 and installing the beta-jDownloads-4.0.14 that you PM-ed me earlier today!
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •