News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

ROOT showing up in Breadcrumbs link with PHP8 - [Solved after update to v. 4.x]

Started by bas_otten, 21.01.2023 10:36:18

Previous topic - Next topic

bas_otten

Hello all!
I'm facing an issue that on a Joomla 3.10 site with jDownloads 3.9, and the only change made is that under the covers I upgrade PHP7 tot PHP8, a link-less string 'ROOT' is prefixed to the Download Category link in the Joomla Breadcrumbs path, when showing the Download details page. Any idea what this is?
Regards,
Bas
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

bas_otten

hi Arno,
Thanks for your quick reponse. I am working on making our Joomla-based church website compatible with PHP8 and Joomla4. Currently I am testing all of this using a website-clone onto my laptop at hostname localhost. As the PHP-version is a single switch at our webhosting-provider I cannot easily play around with it in a testing Joomla environment since that would affect the production-site as well. I just updated my local clone to the latest Joomla 3.10.11 and jDownloads 3.9.8.6, running on a Debian Bookworm system with PHP 8.2. Hopefully it helps when I share a screenshot of the 'ROOT' situation, hereby attached. It also occured to me that the Download details link opens in a new browser tab.
Best regards,
Bas
  •  

bas_otten

Just FYI: the issues described in this topic do NOT show up after migrating to Joomla 4 and installing the beta-jDownloads-4.0.14 that you PM-ed me earlier today!
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •