News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

READ MORE not working [OK in jD 3 and jD 4 beta]

Started by wacl3, 05.12.2022 08:40:32

Previous topic - Next topic

wacl3

HI,
Is there a trick to getting the read more link to work?

Im placing the cursor half way through the paragraph and clicking on the 'Read More' icon in the tool bar and saved.

What I got is the first half of the paragraph then a space, then a faint line, then another space and the rest of the paragraph text.

Thanks
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Can you please give some more context.  Is this an JCE Editor use?
Pics often helkp understand
Colin
Colin M
  •  

wacl3

Hi,
Yes it is a JCE Core editor.
I have tried everything, but cannot get the 'read more' button in jDownloads download.
I have turned on 'Intro text' show, and 'read more' show in Articles Global Config. parameters.

I have tried everything but cant seem to get it to work.  Do you have a JCE editor installed? And if so, can you get read more to work?
Than ks
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes I use JCE.  Which Layout are you using?

At the moment I have updated all my test sites to joomla 4! :-[
So I will create another test site with Joomla 3 and jD 3.9

Colin
Colin M
  •  

wacl3

Hi,
Thanks for that, I am using Blog Layout.

Thanks for offering to set up test site, I must upgrade but are fearing something will go wrong - to tell you the truth.
Anyway, on the to do list....but for now... without you having to set up a test site, I can just try here...

1) Please describe the parameters/settings that have to be set to enable JCE Core to allow 'Read More' function in jDownload>downloads...
2) Please describe step by step how you set up a 'Read More' link, Show/Hide text...

See If I can replicate it and see if it works or falls down...
thanks so much for your help Colin...
  •  

ColinM

Wacl3
I have now set up a new jD3.9 test site.  It is such a long time since I used 'Readmore' that I had forgot!! :(

To select Readmore you just have to use the 'Alternate Files Layout v3.9' layout
It is also OK on jD4 beta 5
See pic attached

Nothing to do with JCE

But it maybe that you really meant using the Content plugin to add 'jD info' into an article?
If so could you please start another query as it is better to do one aspect at a time.
In the mean time I will loook at the Content plugin/JCE interaction

Best wishes
Colin
Colin M
  •