News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Downloads added/scanned twice for the same file

Started by zadazdaz, 06.01.2023 08:41:07

Previous topic - Next topic

zadazdaz

Hi all.

When i'm scanning my files, many times (but not at every scan, so sometimes file is added once only), new downloads (files) are added twice.

Example :

Thursday, 05 January 2023 14:56:
Download added informations/Latest Documentations/documentation REV1.01.pdf

Thursday, 05 January 2023 14:56:
Download added informations/Latest Documentations/documentation REV1.01.pdf

And so, files appear twice on the download list. Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Which version of jD 3.9 are you using?
How are you scanning files.  More details welcome!!

Are you using the Full Scan, Search only for new Directories, Search only for new Files, Check only for the existence of Categories or
Check only for the existence of Files ?

Or perhaps you are using the Files Tab to upload files to jDownloads root
Please advise.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

zadazdaz

Hi.

jDownloads 3.9.8.5

Files are located on a NFS share. So files and folder are added by some clients to it.

Files and folders are scanned each 30m by a cronjob, like:

curl -s \
    "https://www.example.com/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/scan.php?key=6TB0nohLPw5WZZHaZRej&mode=0&test=0"

Please note that only some files behave like this; folders are always (2 years in production) added correctly once. Problem has always been there, i'm reporting it now only (so not tied to the used version).
  •  

ColinM

Hi
First I would suggest that you update to jD3.9.8.6
Also you shoud very carefully review your scan process and use a cronjob service, for example cron-job.org

Please note I am not a cron job spe***t but know enough to use a service as there are many 'tweaks' - I would be concerned about the use of curl

Colin
Colin M
  •  

zadazdaz

Sir, how would you call an external service from cron-job.org without using CURL or WGET?
Upgraded to 3.9.8.6, same result.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Please see the Article 'Automatic Publication at Scheduled Times (Cron job)' located at in the jD 3.9 documentation.
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/faq-v3-9/automatic-publication-at-scheduled-times-cron-job

Best wishes
Colin
Colin M
  •  

zadazdaz

Sure, see last line at the bottom of the same article. :D

This is clearly not a Cronjob problem.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
In my webserver one of the tools is setting up a Cronjob as shown in the attached pic. It handles all the details.

I think to progress further I would need super user access to your site.  Sometimes the assets table has got 'challenges'. I will send you a PM ,wich are safe and private
Colin
Colin M
  •