News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Frontend upload button disappeared

Started by svherpen, 30.09.2022 17:33:56

Previous topic - Next topic

svherpen

Hi,

I've not been using the Jdownloads component for a while, but as far as know the settings have not been changed as well as my Joomla settings.
However, I can't see the upload button {upload_link} anymore in the header section of the Jdownload pages when logged in. Where it used to be there.
I double checked permissions for Super-User (which I am) and they all seem to be fine.
Using Joomla version 3.10.11 and Jdownloads 3.9.8.4

And the strange thing: on a similar site with the same Joomla and Jdownload versions it's working as normal (showing the upload button to only those user-groups that have permission).

Any idea what could be the reason?? And how to fix this?

Regards,
Sjaak
  •  

ColinM

Sjaak
This does seem strange.  You are correct that little has changed in the jD parameters.  There is one situation when the Download button does not appear and that is when the download has no associated file to download

See the documentation A Front End Tutorial section Download Sequence
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/options-configuration-v3-9/a-tutorial-on-the-frontend-options#download-sequence

On previous occaisions it could be caused by some plugin that does not fully comply with Joomla standards
Colin
Colin M
  •  

svherpen

Hi Colin,
Thanks for your replay, but I'm afraid you misunderstood my question ...
It's not the download button that is missing, they are all there.

It's the upload button that's missing, so I can't add new files via the frontend.
(for the time being I'm using the backend, where it's possible to add files).
  •  

Arno

Hi Sjaak,
please excuse me for the late reply.

You should check the jDownloads 'User Groups Settings'. See pic.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

svherpen

Thanks Arno for the reply.
I already double checked those settings and they are okay. I even compared them with the other website where everything is working fine. I can't see any differences. The site has not been migrated/updated, so it should be working as is was. But unfortunately it doesn't..... :-\

For now we are using the backend admin for uploading documents, so we are fine for the time being.
However, for less experienced user the frontend upload possibiliy is easier to use.

So if you want to see for yourself (and do some analysis), I can provide you a temporary super-user account.

Regards,
Sjaak
  •  

Arno

Hi Sjaak,
QuoteSo if you want to see for yourself (and do some analysis), I can provide you a temporary super-user account.
Yes this wold be very useful. Please send me the data via PM. Thanks!
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
I could now check your backend.

When I open the permissions tab in the Joomla global settings all seems to be normally. See first pic.

Afterwards I have use the 'Super Users - Advanced Permissions Report' to check the Super Users permissions.
As you will see, the Super User has no permission to do anything!? Very strange! See second pic.

Maybe could this be the result from an invalid DB table?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

svherpen

Thanks for your time to look into the issue.

I agree that this is very strange, as the Superuser can do all the normal things on the rest of the Joomla components/modules
For the Jdownloads frontpage, the upload button is also not visible for the Administrator.

So I guess it has something to do with corruption in the Jdownloads tables that control the user permissions??

As I said earlier, using the backend works like a rocket for both Administrator and Superuser. It's only the front that refuses....... :-\
  •  

Arno

Hi,
could you please create a complete backup?

I have installed the ACL Manager but will not change any thing before we have a backup.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

svherpen

Hi Arno, I will make a full site backup saterday morning.
I think you have a point about the ACL.
I just noticed that a document that was edited via the front page stayed in check-out state. After checking in on the administrator page, I could not make any changes as it would not update the article I was editing..... Very strange.

I'll let you know when the backup has been created.
  •  

svherpen

Hi Arno,
I just made a full site backup of the entire Joomla environment.
  •  

svherpen

Hi Arno,
Are you still planning to run the ACL Manager diagnostic tool?
Or can I do that myself? Please advise.
  •  

Arno

QuoteOr can I do that myself?
Yes, please.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

svherpen

I just ran the tool, it fixed some issues and now it reports that everything is okay.
However, the upload button in still not visisble in the front  :-[
Neither for the administrator as wel as for the Super Admin

I can't figure out why that is? Can it have something do to with the selected layout in jDownloads?
  •