News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

jcomments and jcommnent

Started by musicasampler, 29.09.2022 00:37:20

Previous topic - Next topic

musicasampler

Hi!, I have been using jdownloads for 9 years and have always used jcomments for comments on each forum. Since PHP 8 is mandatory for joomla jcomments stopped working. I bought a version of jcomment that is not compatible with jdownload and I would like to know if you have the possibility to see if these two tools can work together the same as before when it was PHP 7. Here I send you the link of the new jcomment.

https://storejextensions.org/extensions/jcomment.html

•  

ColinM

Hi
Think there has been a mixup!!

jD has supported Jcomments for many years.  But the reference you gave me was to Jcomment . Jcomments is a free extension from 'Joomla Tune' whilst Jcomment is a paid extension by 'J Extensions Store'.  At this time jD does not support Jcomment.  Presently we are very busy getting jD avalable for Joomla 4 so there is no likelyhood of supporting Jcomment in the near future.

Presently Joomla 3.10  and 4.x do work ok php 7.2.5 and above.  But I will test Jcomments with j3.10.x and PHP8.

Colin

Colin M
  •