News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

"Check download area" isseus, after modify the Download files and folders.

Started by DannyBranderhorst, 26.06.2022 17:58:43

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyBranderhorst

Dear users/Moderators of JDownloads. Since yesterday after changing my Download folders and adding files via FTP. I am experiencing problems with the execution of "Check download area".
Already tried a few things, first I deleted all files and folders from JDownloads, hereafter also on outside the Joomla installation folder. To test I created a subfolder in a folder via FTP and placed some files in it. After a first attempt to JDownload "Check download area" it took a long time and nothing happened. I closed this and deleted the content in the database JDownloads FILES and JDownloads FOLDERS. After this JDwonloads reinstalled, but unfortunately it continues to work weird what I'm not used to. What it does indicate now is another message: The text goes over each other.

And it says it can't be found, even though it is on the server.

Have put a lot of time into the rendering and graphics changes and hope the backups I made earlier will help with this.

But what can I do at this point to check a few more things? Or should I really dramatically delete everything?

Maybe someone can hand me some tips and or ideas? All info is more than welcome.

•  

Arno

Hi Danny,
please excuse my late reply, I must have oversee your topic.  ::) :-\

Could you fix this in the meantime?

Please note that it is never a good idea to change anything manually (via FTP) in an existing stored directory structure.
The scan function does never delete not longer founded files or folders automaticly in the database. In the documentation exist some examples what can be useful and what not.
To upload new folders with files should always be work as expected (when the database structure is correct).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •