News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Problems with {link_to_details} in version 3.9.8.3.2

Started by belini, 10.05.2022 22:12:27

Previous topic - Next topic

belini

After upgrading to jDownloads version 3.9.8.3.2, the {link_to_details} placeholder stopped working.
The button is rendered on the screen, but has no url link to the details, leaving just an inactive button that does nothing.
Fortunately I tested it in the homologation environment before so that in production it is still working. The production version is 3.9.8.2.
See, without link:

•  

ColinM

Hi
I cannot reproduce the problem :( 
Are you using a 3.2 version of the Alternate Files Layout?

Colin
Colin M
  •  

belini

Quote from: ColinM on 13.05.2022 13:30:14
Hi
I cannot reproduce the problem :( 
Are you using a 3.2 version of the Alternate Files Layout?
Colin

Yes, I'm using an alternative layout, which I had already adapted to our needs, we've been using the same one since version 3.2, but only in the last jdownloads update it presented the problem reported before.

Anyway, if I choose a new layout, from version 3.9, the same problem occurs, the URL is not generated, just the details button without any function.

For comparison, I took a screenshot of the same item, but on the production server, which is still at version 3.9.8.2 .
Note that the details button link is generated normally.

And when I click it goes to the download details.

I can confirm that we didn't change anything in the layout, the only change I made was to upgrade from version 3.9.8.2 to 3.9.8.3.2 and the button automatically stopped working.

Anyway the code in the layout I use is the following (note the sixth line {link_to_details} and its positioning tags)

<div class ="jd_content_wrapper {featured_detail_class}" style="">
{files_title_begin}<div class="jd_files_title" style="">{files_title_text}</div>{files_title_end}
<div class= "{featured_class}" style="width: 100%;">
<div class="jd_clear"></div><!-- files layout without checkboxes -->
<div class="jd_left" style="">{file_pic}{file_title}{release}{pic_is_new}{pic_is_hot}{pic_is_updated}</div>
<div class="jd_readmore jd_download_url_position" style="">{link_to_details}</div>
        </div>
        <div class="jd_clear"></div>
        <div class ="jd_description_wrapper"  style="">
         <div class="jd_download_description" style="">{description}</div>
       </div>
</div>
<div class="jd_clear">&#160;</div>

Ps.: I didn't create anything, it's just the code that was adapted from jDownlodas itself, from the previous version and came following our site from one update to another from jDownloads itself.
  •  

ColinM

Hi Belini
There is no problem in principle with modifying a layout as you have done :)
But my problem is that I cannot reproduce it :(
So could you please export your layout and attach as a file please.

Best wishes

Colin
Colin M
  •  

belini

Quote from: ColinM on 19.05.2022 10:06:04
Hi Belini
There is no problem in principle with modifying a layout as you have done :)
But my problem is that I cannot reproduce it :(
So could you please export your layout and attach as a file please.
Best wishes
Colin

Ok, I exported said layout and attached it here, it's an XML
  •  

ColinM

Belini

I had no problem using the HCA layout!
please see attached pics The view with HCPA is of course much more compact than the standard Alternate

I see you have removed some sections such as images which is no problem.
Also there are some CSS changes which you might like to review  when going forward.

Could you advise the setting of Option - Frontend Tab Download Sequence setion
Activate direct-downloading    (I have this set to No)
View Download Detail page      (I have this set to Yes)
Use Download title as a download link   (I have this set to No)
Use Link in Symbols      (I have this as No)
Info on these settings can be foud in the documentation
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/options-configuration-v3-9/a-tutorial-on-the-frontend-options#download-sequence

You might like to review the standard Alternate Files Layout v3.9 and perhaps re-worh HCPA.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

belini

What I noticed, and I confirm, was that jDownloads changed this behavior in the last version. It makes no sense for me to change the settings that are working on my site perfectly in version 3.9.8.2. But I also worry that I won't be able to install the new updates as the site no longer works properly as it is now.

As an example, below I put the access to our external site, already in the URL where we use the list of downloads and working perfectly, the way we always use. (jDownloads 3.9.8.2)

As you can see when accessing, in our case the title is already a download link, and if the user wants to see the details just click on the details button. Simple as that, all done using jDownloads' own settings, without any hacks or code changes.

https://www.hcpa.edu.br/area-do-paciente-apresentacao/area-do-paciente-sua-saude/educacao-em-saude

The simple fact that I update to version 3.9.8.3.2 it stops working this way, and the link button for details stops working, as I showed at the beginning of the topic.
  •  

ColinM

Belini
All I was asking was for you to advise what settings were being used in
Activate direct-downloading,   View Download Detail page,   Use Download title as a download link,  and Use Link in Symbols.

Changes had to be made in the sections of code related to those settings as the behaviour was inconsistent and, in a practical sense, unprdeictable.
One of the other aspects was that sometimes the edit pencil symbol did not appear.

It is very rare that a change in settings is required but it might be in your case.  My suspicion is that you have View Download Detail set to No.
Please let me know.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

belini

Oh yes.
I had already verified, that when turning on "View Download detail page", the details button started to work. I'm sorry I didn't comment earlier, it's the rush of everyday life.

Anyway, now I have the details button working, the problem that changed the behavior of "Activate direct-downloading", because now instead of going directly to the download it goes to the details screen. This is different from the behavior I had before.

It's almost, to be the same as what I'm using, we now need to make the click on the title go directly to the download.

I use the "Use Downloads title as download link" option turned on.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
If you set the Front End Option 'Activate Direct Downloading' to Yes it should direct download with the button

Colin
Colin M
  •  

belini

Yes, as I mentioned in the other post I leave the option 'Activate Direct Downloading' set to yes.

The problem is that now in this version 3.9.8.3.2, this set of options cannot maintain the behavior it had in version 3.9.8.2, which is:

- Clicking on the title goes straight to the document download (without going to details)
- Click on details, go to details
- Inside the details there is the download button, where the behavior also makes the direct download (identical when clicking on the title, first item).

This behavior listed above I got easily with version 3.9.8.2, but with version 3.9.8.3.2, I'm not getting it, even using all your tips.

As I commented, the behavior changed when I updated jDownloads and I need to keep the behavior I'm already using on our site.

Anyway, I need to update jDownloads for security reasons, but I need to keep the way our client specified it, especially on our intranet.

In time,

(https://www.hcpa.edu.br/area-do-paciente-apresentacao/area-do-paciente-sua-saude/educacao-em-saude)

You can test the behavior on our website, link above, and you can see that when you click on the title it goes straight to download the file. Wait, for some reason the download is taking a long time, it will open a pdf.

If you click on details, it goes to details, and within details the download button downloads directly as well, just like clicking on the title.

This behavior changed when updating jDownloads and I can't reproduce it anymore in the latest version
  •  

ColinM

Colin M
  •