News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Import layout error: Error Cannot store the layout file in the /_tempzipfiles

Started by DannyBranderhorst, 15.04.2022 08:34:24

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyBranderhorst

Hello all,

I have a problem, that I want to import previously saved Layouts.

Get the following message:
Error, Cannot store the layout file in the /_tempzipfiles folder.

I think this has to do with my "Path settings", which are set as follows:
Upload directory path *: /home/public/sites/dbcom-data
Preview files directory name *: _preview_files
Temporary directory name *: _tempzipfiles

Does anyone have any idea what I should change in my "Path settings" ?

•  

Arno

Hi,
did you change the standard path settings in the jDownloads options? Or change any folder name on the server manually?

Edit:
QuoteDoes anyone have any idea what I should change in my "Path settings" ?
You shold have here the correct folder names. Compare this with the folders on your server via FTP and correct it.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

DannyBranderhorst

I recently removed JDownloads in totaly, first from Joomla, then the remaining items in the database (phpmyadmin).
After that I did a whole new JDownloads installation from within Joomla. I created a folder via FTP, in my case this is the folder "dbcom-data" and it is outside the Joomla environment "/home/public/sites/dbcom-data".

Also change the path settings: Upload directory path * /home/public/sites/dbcom-data

In the path settings there are two left, which are set as shown below:
Preview files directory name * _preview_files
Temporary directory name * _tempzipfiles

Maybe I am forgetting something?

All information is more than welcome so that I can import my old layouts again (xml files).
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Think you should Remove jDownloads using Uninstall.  Then Reinstall as normal but do not change the the upload directory path

Your location /home/public/sites/dbcom-data is an external location.

You can set to uplda files from an external location to create downloads

Layouts are internal - you should be able to load the xml files.  From the jD Control Panel choose Layouts.  At the top of the Layouts page there is an Import Button

Colin
Colin M
  •