News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

jDownloads categories layouts in multilanguage

Started by soportemarketing, 20.12.2021 11:28:48

Previous topic - Next topic

soportemarketing

Hi:

I'm working on a multilingual website and I have to create an introductory text to jdownloads categories page. The problem is that only one jDownloads categories layout can be active so the one I use must be kept in Language All and I can't find the way to create a language variable or anything that allows me to display the introduction text depending on the language, can anyone help me, please?

Thank you very much.
Best regards!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
I'm not sure that I understand exactly your problem.
But maybe could help this example in our documentation (see pic)?  ::)

https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/language-related/associations-multilingual-support

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

soportemarketing

Hi, Arno!

I'm afraid it is not possible to use {en-EN} or {es-ES} in the categories layout section I need to translate (I attach a screenshot of the area where I need to use a language variable), any other solution, please?

Thanks in advance.

•  

Arno

Hi,
it seems that you use the old series 3.2.
Exist reasons why you have not upgraded to the new series 3.9?

I will then check if it is possible with 3.9.
I will also notify Colin as he wrote the documentation and has tested some things for multilingual websites.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

soportemarketing

Hi, Arno:

No reason at all. I'll try and answer back.

Thank you very much!
  •  

Arno

Okay. But please create always a backup first.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

Attached the result from a short test with 3.9.8.2.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

soportemarketing

Hi, Arno!

I finally get to install jdownloads 3.9 as my SQL version didn´t allow me and I manage to do the translations, really supereasy!

Thank you very much.
Best regads and happy new year!
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •