News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Configuration - E-Mails tab

Started by groddy, 14.03.2022 17:28:23

Previous topic - Next topic

groddy

Help please! Trying to administer an old site that was dumped on me, a non-expert. Joomla version 3.10.0, JDownloads version 3.2.62. Prior site manager had set up JDownloads-> Configuration ->Emails ->Email configuration for file uploads with a lot of email addresses to notify users when a post or file was added from the front end. Over 200 email recipients.

This Email field has not been working right - not accepting new addresses. I click Save, it actually does Save and Close instead, but doesn't save what I add or edit. I thought maybe the field had a limit for # of characters, so have tried removing an old address to add a new one. Now it is not accepting edits or new additions at all. I tried clearing the field, and now it won't take more than about 63 addresses.

If there's a way to edit the config data file where these addresses are stored I would do that but cannot locate it.

Does this field have a known bug or does it have a limit? Thank you in advance.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I would first suggest that you upgrade to jd 3.9.8.2 after making a backup.  Having 200 email addresses is somewhat OTT! 
Have looked at the code and there is no specific limit but it may run out of time (PHP limit) to process that number of emails.

There are 4 email types:
1. When a Download is downloaded;
2. When new files are uploaded;
3. Reporting a Download;
4. Inquiry ('customers') email form.

Which one of these is being used? - I guess it might be when a new Download is available.

I would also check in Joomla Global settings Server tab thar the Mail settings are ok and that the 'send Test Mail' works.

A much more reliable way of sending multiple emails is to set up a Mailing list on your server cPanel - most servers provide that service.

Colin
PS will attend to finish the article

There is some documentation at https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/options-configuration-v3-9/email-options  - I see I did not quite complete the article!
Edit: Modified Link
Colin M
  •